2010 "State of the Council Address"

Started by NIN, January 29, 2010, 05:19:41 PM

shaunxadams

Entertaining thread lol

I could probably put something thoughtful here, but its all in CAPR 52-16 and CAPP 52-19.  Cheers!

Spike

Quote from: Pendragon on February 01, 2010, 04:56:48 PM
I served in the military, and I have worked in business.  In the business world, there are times when it is cutthroat, and ego is everything. There's nothing wrong with ego.  My take on your posts is that each of you feel challenged and that you had your ego attacked.  If you say you do not feel that way, well, then you should, because this kid's got something!  He reminds me a lot of me and many of my fellow general officers.  I think this boys vision is great!

So you served in the Military, and Worked in business, which means you currently do not work in business based on your word choice, so I call you out on being a CEO below.  I also seriously doubt you were ever a "General Officer".  Most Officers know how to write a response that does not look like yours.  You would also not be referring to him as a "kid", or "boy", but Cadet.  I call you out.

I am the CEO of a company, and I would hire a guy like your Cadet King to come work for me any day. 

I own a small business and I would never higher a person like this Cadet should I know of his exploits and controversy on the internet.  I would also not higher somebody off the street based only on how "good" I thought he gave a speech that was pieced together.  So, I call you out on not being a CEO.  More likely you are a friend or family member of the "Chairman".

As for the rest of you, enjoy your freedom of speech that my buddies and I served to protect for over forty years.

Who the hell are you to even say something like that.  Most that serve or have served would never say something like that in public. 
I serve, and although I know my contributions are important to the United States, Freedoms are not provided just by the military.  Once again I call you out.

Strick

[darn]atio memoriae

Strick

"As for the rest of you, enjoy your freedom of speech that my buddies and I served to protect for over forty years."

Excuse me........ get over your self.....I will enjoy my freedom, thanks to my buddies and family memebers who have served. This is not the place to come insult people who have served,  Thats what I get out of your above statement .

Folks, I think this is what are General/CEO is trying to say:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a [darn] what you think you are entitled to............

[darn]atio memoriae

Chappie

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

High Speed Low Drag

Ned is right - my apologies.  I made some errors of self-perception myself back in the day.   

Anyone else have a horse that needs flogging?
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

RogueLeader

Spike, I think you meant "hire" as to employ; not "higher" as in to lift up or promote.

Just checking.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

Quote from: High Speed Low Drag on February 02, 2010, 06:00:29 PM
Ned is right - my apologies.  I made some errors of self-perception myself back in the day.   

Anyone else have a horse that needs flogging?

What's up with CAPM 39-1?  >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

BTW, what does BTW mean? ???  I have never heard of 39-1.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CAPSGT

MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron