2010 "State of the Council Address"

Started by NIN, January 29, 2010, 05:19:41 PM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Spike

^ Same here.  I couldn't tell if some parts were a mockery of the Presidents address or not.  Watch the hand gestures that seem to be forced and compare them to similar ones used by Obama the night before.

Honestly, I did not get much out of it other than there is going to be yet another website within the CAP website. 

Nathan

I have it on good authority that it wasn't a joke...
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

OfficerT189

you should post it on youtube, for those of us that do not have a facebook account, like me

DBlair

...wait, this wasn't just a joke?

wow.

Looking at his Facebook page, I have a feeling he let the position get to his head.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

SltWaterDrinker

Quote from: OfficerT189 on January 30, 2010, 05:36:24 AM
you should post it on youtube, for those of us that do not have a facebook account, like me

You're able to view the video still, regardless of your Facebook membership status. All you have to do is bring up the link, and click the videos tab...its the first one from the left.

Thanks and 73s,

C/Lt. Col Josh Williams
NER-NJ-092
Twin Pine Composite Squadron
Mercer County, New Jersey

RiverAux

Probably should have not included the fake applause. 

JC004

High Speed Low Drag

The next Bill Clinton????

I have always been a huge supporter of the CAC, having been a Wing CAC Chairman in the past.  However, stunts like this make it awfully hard to defend the CAC process. 

For me to take this seriously, I would have to know Where and To Whom he was addressing (as indicated by the crowd "applause"), more about what the council is proactively doing besides another website, etc.  In other words more substantial content, not just a huge fluff piece promoting C/LTC King. 

Unfortunately, I'm hanging my head in shame.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

NIN

Quote from: OfficerT189 on January 30, 2010, 05:36:24 AM

Its 15 minutes long. YouTube is limited to 10 minutes.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

raivo

I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that the national CAC chair created a "Government Official" Facebook page for himself.

I couldn't even watch the video all the way through.

Yeah, I can't resist. I have to send this to all my CAP friends.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Pumbaa

WHAT THE.......

This cannot be serious... I lasted 45 seconds...

NIN

Quote from: Pumbaa on January 30, 2010, 09:01:29 PM
WHAT THE.......

This cannot be serious... I lasted 45 seconds...

Masochist....

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

raivo

;D @ my brother.

"1) do you think his name was already 'King' or did he legally change it after being elected?"

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Major Lord

Monitor him carefully; He may well be the Antichrist.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Майор Хаткевич

When I saw that crap, I thought it was him alone. Unfortunately that is what NCAC is doing as a group effort. :)

He also has a chief of staff and a bunch of other staffers. *rolls eyes*

addo1

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on January 31, 2010, 12:25:57 AM
When I saw that crap, I thought it was him alone. Unfortunately that is what NCAC is doing as a group effort. :)

He also has a chief of staff and a bunch of other staffers. *rolls eyes*

Heey, heey... Not so quick. I have been watching the work that the NCAC has been doing and have seen some outstanding things that are beginning to be produced.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

swiper

I've actually never posted on here before, but I thought this was pretty interesting.. Before I write anything, I don't want to start any debates with anyone- and most of you wont agree with my anyways.... But either way I just thought I'd write what I think.

I took the time to watch the whole speech because he took the time to "address the nation", and I figured it wasn't for nothing.. I was interested in what he said about the CAC and how everyone thinks they don't serve a purpose. I personally think he has guts to get up in front of everyone like that and come right out and say it... I would have never done it myself.

Although I think it was rather long, it lets the cadets on the lower levels get a better understanding of who he is and what he's trying to do. Whether you think it was necessary or not, that's a different story. But it was kinda cool.. I've never heard of an NCAC Chairman doing something like that before. The kid's got guts, IMO.

Hm. Maybe it was a bit cheesy with the applause and what not. I soo get that, haha. But maybe you should focus more on the content of the speech rather than how or where it was done....? IDK, I'm thinking about playing it for my home squadron to see how they feel about it..

I'm going to give the NCAC a chance this term. He made a few promises that caught my interest, but we'll see if the NCAC can follow through with what he said they would do.

Sorry this was so long. But what do you guys think? Do I make any sense at all?

-Swiper