SAR MANAGEMENT COURSE

Started by DOS3708, October 28, 2006, 03:42:22 PM

DOS3708

Is this course still offered, haven't seen anything about it in awhile !

Paul Butche 1LT
Emergency Services
NCR-MN-114

Eclipse

I assume you're referring to the AFRCC Inland SAR Management Course:
http://www.acc.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=3720

It is scheduled on a regional basis, with any particular region or site only getting the class once every two years. 

ILWG was supposed to get one this year, though it was considered a GLR event, however it was never scheduled.

To try and get things rolling locally, you need to start working with your State Director.

"That Others May Zoom"

ZigZag911

I think you are referring to the 2-3 day (weekend) course, which is the 'economy' version of the Inland SAR Planner....it was offered as part of a larger program in NY state a year or so ago....I think there is information about it either on Prof Dev or Ops pages at NHQ web site

Al Sayre

The 5 day course is still offered, I'm attending in Meridian MS next week.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pylon

Do they publish a National schedule or post online notices when this course is available? 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

We have one coming up in the Dallas area soon that wasn't on that schedule & has a couple open slots. Long trip for you I guess, but if you get the chance to go you should. It's worth your time. Its been quite a while, but I liked it. I wouldn't try to go to the 5-day version or any of the other upper level in-res courses you can get into or even decide to go down the upper mission staff road till you've done this wknd course & gotten a taste of what it's all about right from the mouth of the AF controllers from AFRCC.

DOS3708

Hello,
The one that "Eclipse" is talking about is the one that i am looking for. Thanks for the imput so far any more information that you all can provide would be great. I took the National SAR School in Duluth MN it was good i need to go again for some refresher !

Paul Butche 1LT
Emergency Services
NCR-MN-114