Main Menu

Armstrong Achievement

Started by A1Steaksauce, September 08, 2006, 08:53:42 PM

A1Steaksauce

Does there hae to be a 60 day period between the time you do your Armstrong and the time you do the Mitchell? I've benn told no because it's not an actuall promotion, and I've been told yes. Please help!

Thanks

MIKE

It depends on whether or not you have the required 18 months minimum since your join date.  This loophole is supposed be closing soon with the new CAPR 52-16, and you will have to have the two months minimum between an achievement and an award regardless of TIS.
Mike Johnston

capchiro

So, is there any written support that a cadet doesn't have to wait for 60 days between the Armstrong and the Mitchell?  Can someone explain this to me in a way that I can defend it, if I send in someone's Mitchell papers?  I am looking for help on this one, hopefully something definate.  Thanks to all. 
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Pylon

Quote from: capchiro on September 22, 2006, 10:46:01 AM
So, is there any written support that a cadet doesn't have to wait for 60 days between the Armstrong and the Mitchell?  Can someone explain this to me in a way that I can defend it, if I send in someone's Mitchell papers?  I am looking for help on this one, hopefully something definate.  Thanks to all. 

Yep, it's right in the CAPR 52-16.  When reading about minimum time for cadet progression, note well the difference between use of the term achievement and award.  They are different things.  That's where the loop hole is now, but won't be soon.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP