Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2017, 07:14:17 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Africa
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Africa  (Read 6188 times)
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NY-408

I Help Non-Profits | Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:38:10 AM »

Just to let everyone know, I will be out of the country starting tomorrow morning until July 3rd, while I travel to Cameroon, Africa.  A friend and I will be travelling there to visit a mutual friend of ours serving in the Peace Corps.

Since internet access (and electricity for that matter) will be spotty, at best, at some of the places we will be travelling to, I don't expect to be back on CAPTalk until I return and recover. 

Of course, I'll share photos when I return!  See you all in July and behave yourselfs for Jerry and the Mod team  ;) :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
F. R. Sussey Composite Squadron       
Pylon
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:55:03 PM »

Of course, I'll share photos when I return! 

In reviewing some old threads, I just realized that I never made good on that promise.  Voilą!

How's that for reviving an old thread?  ;)
Major_Chuck
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »

You all look like you're having too much fun.  Were you not forwarned about drinking the water!
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard
LtCol White
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I will be out of the country starting tomorrow morning until July 3rd, while I travel to Cameroon, Africa.  A friend and I will be travelling there to visit a mutual friend of ours serving in the Peace Corps.

Since internet access (and electricity for that matter) will be spotty, at best, at some of the places we will be travelling to, I don't expect to be back on CAPTalk until I return and recover. 

Of course, I'll share photos when I return!  See you all in July and behave yourselfs for Jerry and the Mod team  ;) :D

Make sure when you talk about CAP that you specify you are in the US CAP so you aren't confused with the Cameroonian CAP

::)
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.
Fifinella
Seasoned Member

Unit: SWR-LA-001

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 05:51:35 PM »

You all look like you're having too much fun.  Were you not forwarned about drinking the water!
Looks to me like they drank the water...http://www.kieloch.net/plogger/thumbs/lrg-31-p1012423.JPG
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753
Pylon
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 01:38:37 AM »

Looks to me like they drank the water...http://www.kieloch.net/plogger/thumbs/lrg-31-p1012423.JPG

As dirty as that old bleach container we were drinking out of looks, it was actually fermented palm wine that had been harvested earlier that same day from a palm tree.  It ferments within hours, becomes fairly alcoholic, and goes bad by nightfall.  Very tasty though in the meantime.  ;)

C'mon -- who doesn't drink from dirty bleach containers?  ;)
Fifinella
Seasoned Member

Unit: SWR-LA-001

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »

C'mon -- who doesn't drink from dirty bleach containers?  ;)
[ignoring the irony of a dirty bleach container]
Ah, the old "everyone's doing it" rationale.  :)
Seriously, though, sounds like you took full advantage of a great opportunity to see how some folks live on the other side of the planet.  Kudos.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Africa