Tracking Members Volunteer Time

Started by RADIOMAN015, June 20, 2009, 05:00:35 PM

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: jimmydeanno on June 22, 2009, 02:14:17 PM
I happen to log my volunteer time with CAP with myself.  You never know when it might come in handy.

So far this year it stacks up as:

Weekly Meetings: 120 hours.
Weekend Cadet Activities (activities being done for benefit of cadets): 216 hours
Weekend PD Activities (instructing, etc): 12
CAC Time: 18 hours
"Home Work"(CAP work directly related to squadron operations and planning) : 178 hours
-----
2009 Total so far: 514 hours

What method do you use to log your time on CAP related time?

I'm not as detailed as you, except I use my pocket calendar to record times for CAP meetings & exercises.  I also keep a separate log of mission numbers, position held, dates & times, as well as an informal radio log of times spent monitoring)   Weekly for me, meeting time is about 3.5 hrs, & radio nets (including setup/takedown of temporary base antenna) about 3 hours.   As far as the on line training & any other at home  CAP administrative tasks, I haven't kept track.

Can I assume also that time spent on CAP activities would include travel time to & from the activity location(s)?

It is a very good idea to known how much time one is spending on volunteer activities.   Converserly, from a CAP policy standpoint, any mandatory training or for that matter regulatory administrative requirements should also consider the amount of time it will take the membership to comply with.   "Best Practices" saving time methods should be crossfeed to all functional areas.   

RM     

jimmydeanno

I just use a spreadsheet.  I keep all my CAP activities in my phone now, so I can look through quick to include it.  The "other" time is usually on my laptop, so I add that time immediately.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill