'Normal'

Started by Daniel, June 08, 2009, 10:16:42 PM

Daniel

I just wanted to know if I am progressing normally.

I am a C/amn I have done the following:

• Chapter two in 21st century leadership
  • Aerospace Modules 1 and 6, but one was invalidated due to test banking policies
  • Capt 116
  • Capt 117 pt 1
  • ORM basic
  • ORM interm.

I took a fema course but couldn't complete the test as I don't have a printer that works.

So is this normal for a c/amn am I doing ok, or am I not doing enough?
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Flying Pig

Id say your doing pretty well.  But dont burn yourself out.  You have a few years in CAP Im sure.  Just enjoy it.  I would make your promotional studying your priority for the first few months.  All of the FEMA stuff will come in time. 

Daniel

I would consider myself in the green for promotional testing.  I have chapter three studied and down and I have the next two AE modules studied due to test banking being forbidden I suppose i'm just waiting to become a c/a1c. I don't mind testing, honestly I welcome it.
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

MIKE

Quote from: Daniel L on June 08, 2009, 10:16:42 PM
I took a fema course but couldn't complete the test as I don't have a printer that works.

Get something like PrimoPDF.  If you have Vista you can also use the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot if something doesn't want to print to PDF.

Quote from: Daniel L on June 08, 2009, 10:26:12 PM
I would consider myself in the green for promotional testing.  I have chapter three studied and down and I have the next two AE modules studied due to test banking being forbidden I suppose i'm just waiting to become a c/a1c. I don't mind testing, honestly I welcome it.

My advice... Slow down.  Take it one step at a time.  Trying to blow through stuff has gotten you into enough trouble already.
Mike Johnston

Daniel

Sir all due respect,

I don't blow through these tests I get all 80's or 90's.
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

C/MSgt Lunsford

How long ago did you join?

Wright Brothers #13915

maverik

A few hints of advice. Please progress through the modules in as close order as you can I skipped around and I am constantly checking to see which modules I have and haven't done. That leads to #2 keep a master record of all CAP activities tests etc. Try not to burn out on it if you are talk to your commander that's where I am currently I kinda dislike the current meetings because I have burned out from doing the same stuff, but I am slowly getting back into it.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Daniel

Quote from: Lunsford on June 08, 2009, 10:50:46 PM

My e-services record was created the 28th of Feburary
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Daniel L on June 08, 2009, 11:14:14 PM

Then I wouldn't say that you are speeding through. My CCO got to 2LT in 1 year. Not that bad. But I joined May 21 (e-Services) and I am close to getting to Airman. I just have to go to Encampment and boom. I got my Activity taken care of. :D

Wright Brothers #13915

SJFedor

Quote from: Lunsford on June 08, 2009, 11:29:59 PM
Quote from: Daniel L on June 08, 2009, 11:14:14 PM

Then I wouldn't say that you are speeding through. My CCO got to 2LT in 1 year. Not that bad. But I joined May 21 (e-Services) and I am close to getting to Airman. I just have to go to Encampment and boom. I got my Activity taken care of. :D

Um...you know you have to be at least a C/Amn to participate in encampment, right?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

C/MSgt Lunsford

Well I wonder why they are letting me go? I will try to get promoted before Encampment them. :sigh;

Wright Brothers #13915

Daniel

Quote from: Lunsford on June 08, 2009, 11:56:59 PM
Well I wonder why they are letting me go? I will try to get promoted before Encampment them. :sigh;

Did your superior tell you to apply? If he did, he obviously has intentions on promoting you or he doesn't know of the requirement..
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

SJFedor

Make sure your leadership is aware of the regulatory requirement before you go, so that they can do their best to promote you before you leave. Otherwise, you might be sent home.

Quote from: CAPR 52-16, Section 5-3(a)
(2) Cadets who have completed Achievement 1, and are current members of CAP are eligible to attend encampments.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

C/MSgt Lunsford

Will do. I completed my LL1 Exam, Drill, PT, and all i have to do is Activity. Hopefully they have one soon.

Edit: Also I have to do moral leadership (What exactly do I do there?)

Wright Brothers #13915

MIKE

Quote from: SJFedor on June 09, 2009, 12:05:50 AM

Make sure your leadership is aware of the regulatory requirement before you go, so that they can do their best to promote you before you leave. Otherwise, you might be sent home.

(2) Cadets who have completed Achievement 1, and are current members of CAP are eligible to attend encampments.

IMO, it should say "at time of application" to avoid situations like C/AB "walk-ins", or don't pass in time for encampment. 
Mike Johnston

C/MSgt Lunsford

I don't know. But I will do my best to get promoted before July 11th.

Wright Brothers #13915

BrandonKea

Quote from: MIKE on June 09, 2009, 12:11:36 AM
Quote from: SJFedor on June 09, 2009, 12:05:50 AM

IMO, it should say "at time of application" to avoid situations like C/AB "walk-ins", or don't pass in time for encampment.

I got away with that as a C/AB back in the day. I joined while our squadron was unable to provide testing, so they let me go anyways. I had all sorts of approvals though...
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Daniel L on June 09, 2009, 12:04:03 AM

Did your superior tell you to apply? If he did, he obviously has intentions on promoting you or he doesn't know of the requirement..

Yeah, he said to fill it out. LT. Petty is my Commanding Officer.

Wright Brothers #13915

DC

Quote from: Lunsford on June 09, 2009, 12:07:40 AM
Edit: Also I have to do moral leadership (What exactly do I do there?)
Your squadron should be holding monthly moral leadership classes with either your SQ Chaplain or Moral Leadership Officer. Go to one, participate actively, and sign the attendance sheet...

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Lunsford on June 08, 2009, 11:29:59 PM

He made C/2d Lt in a year? If he did their is something seriously wrong because you have to wait two months for each promotion. By my math it would take 20 months minimum to make C/2d Lt.