PT Uniform
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Stonewall

Fixed.  I know my one vote makes the difference so you're welcome  :P
Serving since 1987.

Spike

Quote from: Major Lord on April 22, 2009, 10:33:41 PM
A pretty fair percentage of our Seniors wear their actual Air Force uniforms, usually flight suits, since thats ordinarily the uniform of the day in their day job. The older folks usually wear polo combos, and the younger Non AF Seniors wear BDU's.

Major Lord

They should not be wearing AF uniforms to CAP, unless they are representing USAF there?  I was under the impression that when doing CAP work, you MUST wear a CAP uniform??

Am I totally wrong? 

jb512

Quote from: Spike on April 23, 2009, 01:06:16 AM
Quote from: Major Lord on April 22, 2009, 10:33:41 PM
A pretty fair percentage of our Seniors wear their actual Air Force uniforms, usually flight suits, since thats ordinarily the uniform of the day in their day job. The older folks usually wear polo combos, and the younger Non AF Seniors wear BDU's.

Major Lord

They should not be wearing AF uniforms to CAP, unless they are representing USAF there?  I was under the impression that when doing CAP work, you MUST wear a CAP uniform??

Am I totally wrong? 

Yep.

Spike

^ Jaybird...."Yep" I am wrong?  or "Yep" you agree??

jb512

Quote from: Spike on April 23, 2009, 01:48:37 AM

That you're wrong.

One of my pet peeves is CAP members thinking that uniformed military members are not welcome at CAP meetings (especially Air Force).

The CAP regs are pretty specific about the activities where a CAP uniform is required.

Hawk200

Quote from: jaybird512 on April 23, 2009, 04:39:39 AM

That you're wrong.

One of my pet peeves is CAP members thinking that uniformed military members are not welcome at CAP meetings (especially Air Force).

The CAP regs are pretty specific about the activities where a CAP uniform is required.

I don't have a problem with uniformed service folks showing up to meetings to visit. I do consider it inappropriate for  members to be conducting CAP business in a uniformed service uniform.

39-1 states that a CAP uniform will be worn for CAP business. An Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, Coast Guard, NOAA, or PHS member needs to wear a CAP uniform if they're a CAP member. And it's not limited to just those, it should apply to all other uniforms as well. We're CAP, not some conglomeration of various uniformed jobs (even though that's what we may look like).

Short Field

And one of my pet peeves is some of our local Air Force members showing up in their AD uniform (flight suit) at our meetings (and at all flight activities until told several times to wear a CAP uniform).  The claim they are just getting off work is a bit too lame when you know they were off work for several hours prior to the meeting.  

I mean really, swapping one flight suit for another is just a matter of minutes.  If you are in BDUs or blues, then it is just a matter of swapping shirts.  It really boils down to showing respect for the organization you are in.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

DBlair

Quote from: jaybird512 on April 23, 2009, 04:39:39 AM

That you're wrong.

So, just for clarification... are you saying that if someone is a CAP member and also a member of the military (AD, Reserve, NG), that they are allowed to wear their military uniform to CAP meetings and activities instead of their CAP uniform?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Stonewall

Quote from: Short Field on April 23, 2009, 04:57:53 AM
I mean really, swapping one flight suit for another is just a matter of minutes. 

Or in some cases, simply swapping out a couple patches.

Quote from: DBlair on April 23, 2009, 05:00:32 AMSo, just for clarification... are you saying that if someone is a CAP member and also a member of the military (AD, Reserve, NG), that they are allowed to wear their military uniform to CAP meetings and activities instead of their CAP uniform?

No, he was saying it is not okay.  The CAP Uniform Regulation makes it clear that if you are a CAP member and conducting CAP business, i.e. a meeting, flying activity or SAREX, you need to be wearing a CAP uniform, which to me means, you don't wear your military uniform.

On a very rare ocassion in DCWG (home of DOD), we would have one of our members show up in their military duty uniform.  But 95% of the time all of our seniors showed up in the CAP military style uniform of the day.  And at least 50% of our members were AD/RES/ANG tyeps.  Everyone else was retired military/government. 
Serving since 1987.

tarheel gumby

I wear the Corp style blues..... I don't like the grays, just my pref 8)
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

notaNCO forever

I wear the AF style service uniform the most.

USADOD

I wear blue's the majority of the year( sometimes with a tie), and BDU's only when a physical activity is set. Being in a flight grade and then field grade I think it would be to much hassle to keep changing the grade insignia on the BDU.

Blues rock, only if i could wear my ACU oOoOh that would be nice
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

Spike

Quote from: Stonewall on April 23, 2009, 12:58:12 PM
I mean really, swapping one flight suit for another is just a matter of minutes. 

Quote from: DBlair on April 23, 2009, 05:00:32 AMSo, just for clarification... are you saying that if someone is a CAP member and also a member of the military (AD, Reserve, NG), that they are allowed to wear their military uniform to CAP meetings and activities instead of their CAP uniform?

No, he was saying it is not okay.  The CAP Uniform Regulation makes it clear that if you are a CAP member and conducting CAP business, i.e. a meeting, flying activity or SAREX, you need to be wearing a CAP uniform, which to me means, you don't wear your military uniform.

On a very rare ocassion in DCWG (home of DOD), we would have one of our members show up in their military duty uniform.  But 95% of the time all of our seniors showed up in the CAP military style uniform of the day.  And at least 50% of our members were AD/RES/ANG tyeps.  Everyone else was retired military/government.

Stonewall he was clearly saying I was wrong, and he thinks it is OK to wear military uniforms while conducting CAP business. 

Major Lord

With all these clarifications, I am now hopelessly confused. You can wear a girl scout uniform to a CAP meeting if you want, but you need to wear a CAP uniform (of some kind) if you are in front of Cadets, flying driving, and other duties mandated by regulation. We don't discriminate against members merely because they are actual members of the Air Force and come by after work in duty clothes. We frequently have a Senior show up in his fire chief uniform too. Military Uniforms are not the UOTD. SM's usuallly wear their military Mess Dress to formal activities if they are active duty.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

DBlair

Quote from: Spike on April 23, 2009, 04:43:58 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on April 23, 2009, 12:58:12 PM

Stonewall he was clearly saying I was wrong, and he thinks it is OK to wear military uniforms while conducting CAP business.

With all the quotes and so forth, it has become a bit confusing, but if you were referring to me, I wasn't saying that you were wrong. In fact, I strongly agree that if someone is at a CAP activity or otherwise conducting CAP business, they should be in a CAP uniform.

I posed the question as a manner of clarification as I could foresee someone down the road pulling the "...but I read it on the web" excuse and so I wanted to clarify the issue before it brewed the wrong information.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Stonewall

Yeah, I'm confused too. 
Serving since 1987.

Always Ready

I wear whatever the cadets wear, which is usually BDUs. For whatever reason, the senior members at my squadron don't have any prescribed UOD nor is there any fuss if they don't show up in uniform.

Smokey

I once attended the AF Space Command fam course as a staff (senior) member.  The activity commander was active duty AF (capt) and CAP (maj).   Due to some of the activities (and that we were using an Air Force van) he had to keep swapping shirts and caps.  It got confusing after a while.  You really had to look as to whether he was a capt or major!  I would have preferred he just stayed in the AF uniform.   It was almost insane the way he was trying to keep up with the requirement to wear the CAP uniform for a CAP activity.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

wuzafuzz

You'll find me in a polo much of the time, since meetings are by far the most common activity.  I usually pull out the BDU's for SAREX's.  Blues only seem to make it out of the closet for wing conferences, banquets, and change of command ceremonies.  That's my uniform mileage with about 2 years in CAP.

My first stint in CAP was all about olive drab.  Sometimes I wish we still had those! 
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

RiverAux

Quote from: Major Lord on April 23, 2009, 05:04:21 PM
We don't discriminate against members merely because they are actual members of the Air Force and come by after work in duty clothes.
They are no different than anyone else and are expected to show up in the CAP uniform specified for that activity by the squadron commander whether or not they're flying or whether or not there are cadets around -- if the squadron commander tells his unit to wear the CAP uniform to a meeting, that is what they're supposed to wear.