New member AE inspiration questions!!

Started by Rob Sherlin, April 07, 2009, 11:18:16 PM

Rob Sherlin

I find these simple questions gather newcomers interest (even out of CAP)

Have you ever flew in anything than an airliner (commercial)?
  Have you ever flew in a private plane?
  Have you ever taken control of a private plane or anything that flies?
  Have you controlled or flown in a glider, or hanglider, or parasail, or something else that puts you in the air?
  If so, how did you feel?

Have you ever experienced weightlessness?
  Have you ever wondered what it would be like in space?
  In zero gravity, what would happen if I toss this pen to you?...How would you catch it?...What happens if you miss it?...etc.

I think this would be a great openeng for begining AE for the public.
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

Flying Pig

^And then follow that up with..

And have you ever flown and had the Air Force foot the bill?

Rob Sherlin

Considering the costs for doing on your own (the older you get, the more expensive (less grants and opportunities), that is a VERY GOOD point for young people to try to realize!
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin

Maybe throw in the cost (for those who want to learn to fly) of that of regular flight schools, and training available to cadets..........Wish I would have know that at the time, I wouldn't be drinking green ink and eating paper pulp to try to afford flight training!