Uniform Changes and the USAF...Did you know?

Started by Major Carrales, March 13, 2009, 11:07:45 PM

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on March 16, 2009, 09:25:02 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on March 16, 2009, 09:18:42 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on March 16, 2009, 09:10:05 PM
I think its quite clear that the primary interest the AF has in CAP is equipment accountability.  That seems to be the thing they care about the most and is the only thing they regularly use "force" to make sure is done the way they want. 

As it should be.
You're saying that the AF's primary interest in CAP SHOULD be that we're keeping track of equipment?  While important, it should not be what they focus most of their oversight on.  Not saying it should be uniforms either by the way.

Oh, River...always so quick to put words in people's mouth.  I am saying, my most speculative friend, that the USAF has a well defined right to monitor the resources it provides for CAP.

Their overall focus, I should say, it to oversee how CAP operates on the whole; from Emergency Service to Cadet Programs.  They have a vested interest, as our Mother Service, to insure that these things are so.  That also, before you say I wrote things I didn't right, includes Aerospace Education.

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Smithsonia

By the way the regular Air Force Officers do buy their own uniforms but have a uniform allowance.
I have a WW2 from Lowry Air Force Base in front of the ops shack in spring it appears. It looks like its pretty candid. In it we have:
A2 Flight Jacket 2
Class A Dress Jacket 4
Summer Flight Jacket 1
Tanker Jacket 2
Westy Jacket (this is the Mae West cover rig) 2
Winter Flying Jacket (Shearling sheepskin) 1
B-12 Mouton Collar jacket 2
B-10 Jacket 4
Short Sleeves w tie and without tie 5
Long sleeves with tie and without tie 3
coveralls 6
2 or 3 colors of flight suits 10
and a couple of white uniforms (orderlies I imagine) 2
can all be seen in one small group gathered in front of a hangar for a break
between duty shifts. It was a regular group on a duty day
and is rather a telling candid look at the Army Air Corps at work. Of course inspection
and parades are different. I'm thinking we're not doing so bad on the uniformity.

SO that's about 40 people with 14 different uniform combinations of standard dress with variations on a standard day...

With regards;
ED OBRIEN

RiverAux

QuoteAt balad we couldn't find a printer, that was misplaced long before our squadron got their. So big blue started limiting our access to computers and printers and wouldn't give us certain things till we found the printer. And that was in a combat zone....
Glad to hear its not just us...

QuoteOh, River...always so quick to put words in people's mouth.  I am saying, my most speculative friend, that the USAF has a well defined right to monitor the resources it provides for CAP.
Well, you said it was "as it should be" when I made the statement that the AF's primary interest in CAP is equipment accountability.  Hardly putting words in your mouth.

MajFitzpatrick

So very true, its crazy how many uniform combinations there were. There was even a White Mess dress in the Air Force (way before my time).

My friends in the Navy say they are going insane because of all the uniforms, and uniform changes.

Myself on the Air Force side, well personally I think all the uniform changes and the effort that goes into research for it is ridiculous. We don't have nearly as many combinations as we used to, which I am glad for. As look as I look military, thats all I really care about.

As for the CAP stuff, I don't mind how the uniforms are right now at all. I actually think we have all the combinations ever needed to cover both the USAF style and the Corporate Side for those that don't fall into the standards for the USAF Style. I personally think if you are within the regs, you should be wearing an AF style uniform. But I think that should be headed up on the individual unit basis.

I am going to post another post in the CAP Culture thread, that I think is on these lines, my last one in that thread was very very harsh. But I think sometimes its needed.
Putting Warheads on foreheads

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on March 17, 2009, 02:09:04 AM
QuoteAt balad we couldn't find a printer, that was misplaced long before our squadron got their. So big blue started limiting our access to computers and printers and wouldn't give us certain things till we found the printer. And that was in a combat zone....
Glad to hear its not just us...

QuoteOh, River...always so quick to put words in people's mouth.  I am saying, my most speculative friend, that the USAF has a well defined right to monitor the resources it provides for CAP.
Well, you said it was "as it should be" when I made the statement that the AF's primary interest in CAP is equipment accountability.  Hardly putting words in your mouth.

So, with that type of logic, you must be saying that the USAF should not care about the assets the CAP holds?  See, you didn't exactally say that did you.  By the same tolken I did not say what you said I did.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

MajFitzpatrick

wow, this has just gotten into semantics now, hasn't it?
Putting Warheads on foreheads

PHall

Mike, isn't about time to put this thread out of it's misery?

stratoflyer

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP