Old Weekly Meeting Sign-in Sheets

Started by Senior, March 05, 2009, 07:10:12 PM

Senior

How long should you or have to keep weekly meeting sign in sheets?
This is not mission related.

Eeyore

I keep ours for about two years, but only because that is when the folder starts to fill up.

Pylon

Entering the attendance data into SIMS, even for just the senior member-only meetings and for missions, etc. means we can keep all of our attendance records indefinitely without regard to space or needing to organize them.  This also helps in tracking long-term member attendance trends.  I've been recording our attendance in SIMS now for about three years and plan to continue to do so indefinitely.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

Should be guidance on records retention in 10-2

LtCol057

Maybe I'm making more work for myself, but I'm scanning the sign-in sheets and putting them on CD. Takes a whole lot less space than the paper version.

RiverAux

I would take a look at the REALLY old sign-in sheets that might have social security numbers on them.

LtCol057

Yep, I've already found SSNs on the old records. Just scanned the 103s from 1980-1983.  All paper versions are being shredded. 

I know when I worked in EMS, we were required to keep call reports for 7 years.  In the case of minors, we had to keep the records for 7 years after the patient reaches the age of majority (18).  Meaning, if the patient was a 1 year old, we had to keep the record for 24 years.