Main Menu

Cadets and a 2b?

Started by Senior, February 28, 2009, 08:53:27 PM

Senior

If a cadet receives a form 2b, is the cadet banned from regular military service? 

Stonewall

In a word, no.

If the cadet was 2b'd for something that was also a felony or other crime, sure.

Example 1:  If a cadet got stupid and robbed a bank, bringing discredit upon CAP, he could should be 2B'd.  Also, he'd be arrested, thus keeping him out of the military.

Example 2:  If a cadet got in a fight with another cadet and was 2B'd, this would not keep him out of the military in the least.

These may be extreme examples, but you get the picture....I hope.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

I had a cadet that we 2b'd for falsifying his records (left his last squadron as a C/TSGT and joined our squadron as a C/2nd Lt.)  He joined the Air Force and claimed that he had earned the Mitchell.  The Air Force was told about it and he was discharged.  Not sure where it went from there....

Major Carrales

I have believed that some action would be taken if a cadet was 2b'ed.  I have always hesitated to do this because of it.

I have warned cadets, parents and seniors that a 2b would follow them around.  After all, being thrown out of the Air Force Auxiliary is, and sounds like...a big deal.

That such a black mark on their record could and would surely follow them.

I have never had to exercise that authority in my 2 1/2 years of command and hope I never have to.

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Gunner C

I came close as a group commander.  I had a SM who was a 2d Lt in CAP and an E-4 in the army.  He was using an officers' DOD sticker that he got by producing his CAP membership card with the old picture ID card.  That was bad enough.  Then upon further examination of his records we found out that he wasn't a 2d Lt.  His membership was getting ready to expire and we couldn't make it happen before.  The way the regulation was written at the time, you couldn't do anything to someone who wasn't a member any longer.  He left for Bosnia and we never saw him again.  I'll wager that he's shown up at someone else's unit since.

PHall

Quote from: Sqn72DO on March 01, 2009, 12:41:37 AM
I had a cadet that we 2b'd for falsifying his records (left his last squadron as a C/TSGT and joined our squadron as a C/2nd Lt.)  He joined the Air Force and claimed that he had earned the Mitchell.  The Air Force was told about it and he was discharged.  Not sure where it went from there....

Well if he claimed he had the Mitchell so he could get that extra stripe then it would be a fraudulent enlistment.

And the Air Force doesn't take kindly to being lied to. It's okay for them to lie to you, but they sure don't like it when you lie to them.

Go figure...

Cecil DP

Quote from: PHall on March 01, 2009, 01:19:07 AM

Well if he claimed he had the Mitchell so he could get that extra stripe then it would be a fraudulent enlistment.

And the Air Force doesn't take kindly to being lied to. It's okay for them to lie to you, but they sure don't like it when you lie to them.

Go figure...

Worse than a fraudulent enlistment. He made a "false official statement" thaqt;s a court martial offense.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

PHall

Quote from: Cecil DP on March 01, 2009, 01:42:28 AM
Quote from: PHall on March 01, 2009, 01:19:07 AM

Go figure...

Worse than a fraudulent enlistment. He made a "false official statement" thaqt;s a court martial offense.

He wasn't under the UCMJ yet when he did it, so no court martial. But the fraudulent enlistment hit does make it almost impossible to enter the military later without a waiver.

Flying Pig

No.

Nowhere in military enlistment does the question ever come up.  At least not in the 2 times I have enlisted. It is an internal CAP action.  Its no different than being kicked out of Cub Scouts. 
The only way would be if a criminal charge, or enlistment/military disqualifying action was the cause.  In that case, it would be the incident, not the 2B that keeps the cadet out.

When I was in the Marines, I worked with an outstanding Marine who had been 2B'd from CAP as a cadet.  Had to do with a Cadet Conference, a female cadet, after hours,a little wining and dining, getting caught and jumping out of a barracks window....Need I say more?

arajca

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 01, 2009, 03:21:39 AM
When I was in the Marines, I worked with an outstanding Marine who had been 2B'd from CAP as a cadet.  Had to do with a Cadet Conference, a female cadet, after hours,a little wining and dining, getting caught and jumping out of a barracks window....Need I say more?
So... he got 2b'd for getting caught?  >:D

Didn't anyone teach him NOT to get caught?

maverik

tsk,tsk people these days should've shown a little class and at least booked for the closet. ;D
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Gunner C

Major Carrales

That's enough, people.  Anytime there is hanky-panky among cadets it is far from a laughing matter.  I hate to be the one to ruin the "fun," however this sort of thing (posting these sorts of comments that seem to make light of these issues) can come back and bite you on the bum.

It makes it out to seem like the Cadet Protection and other more recent trainings have gefallen on deaf ears.  Please think about your posts...suppose some parent reads this "drivel" about finding locked closets and the like.

And please...please...consider this a scolding.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Short Field

Just further proof why Seniors need to chaperon Cadets.   :D
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

NCRblues

When you apply for special duty position (prp, Yankee white) a 2b will disqualify you. Their was an ex cadet that was stationed at whiteman AFB and his prp Clarence was turned down after they found out about the 2b.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 01, 2009, 03:21:39 AM

I was never in the Marines, nor was I caught.. Oh, wait...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

BTW, having nearly been the victim of a 2B as a cadet, I remember being threatened with "not being able to go into the military if I was kicked out of CAP." I politely and firmly told the person feeding me that line that he was "full of crap."

(Long Story Short:  My Group wanted to 2B me for violating a group policy that I didn't even know existed.  My squadron commander did know such a policy existed and had authorized my actions which were in violation of the policy and he knew it at the time he authorized it.   When it was reported that my unit, in the form of me and another cadet, violated the policy, my commander acted like I was some kind of a scofflaw who was well known for going off the reservation. [I was, but thats neither here nor there in this case!]  Guy hung me out to dry, even though we busted the policy with his full authorization.  Unfortunately for him, when we asked for permission to do what we did, he granted permission verbally in front of a room full of seniors and even said "Well, thats not in keeping with the group policy, but go ahead anyway." The instant the group commander heard that from the other officers, I was off the hook and my CO got relieved. Oh, sweet irony!)

I had a C/TSgt threaten a cadet in his flight with a 2B once, within earshot of me, and I yanked him aside and gave him about 10 minutes of "what for" as it pertained to who can initiate a CAPF 2B action, and why you don't 2B someone for something like he was suggesting anyway.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

RiverAux

I know that in my unit it was fairly common practice at one time (not sure about now) to 2b cadets who had stopped participating in the program after a certain period of time.  Its allowed by the regs, but seemed a waste of paperwork as opposed to just letting their membership expire.

Stonewall

Quote from: NCRblues on March 01, 2009, 06:08:38 PM
When you apply for special duty position (prp, Yankee white) a 2b will disqualify you. Their was an ex cadet that was stationed at whiteman AFB and his prp Clarence was turned down after they found out about the 2b.

That does not mean that all 2Bs are inclusive and would prevent you from getting any clearance. 

Is a DUI worse than getting 2B'd?  It depends on why you got 2B'd.  Does a DUI disqualify you from a clearance?  No.  Even at the highest level.  I can assure you from personal experience (association with many who have had DUIs and TS/SCI clearances with both CI/LS polygraphs).

Trust me, if a 15 year old cadet got 2B'd for, let's say, cheating on a test or even fighting, I doubt that 10 years later, any adjudicator would consider that a reason NOT to grant someone a Yankee White, TS/SCI, etc.
Serving since 1987.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Stonewall on March 02, 2009, 12:39:11 AM
Quote from: NCRblues on March 01, 2009, 06:08:38 PM

That does not mean that all 2Bs are inclusive and would prevent you from getting any clearance. 

Is a DUI worse than getting 2B'd?  It depends on why you got 2B'd.  Does a DUI disqualify you from a clearance?  No.  Even at the highest level.  I can assure you from personal experience (association with many who have had DUIs and TS/SCI clearances with both CI/LS polygraphs).

Trust me, if a 15 year old cadet got 2B'd for, let's say, cheating on a test or even fighting, I doubt that 10 years later, any adjudicator would consider that a reason NOT to grant someone a Yankee White, TS/SCI, etc.

Don't be so sure.  I once got a call asking about a friend of mine for some sort of clearance. 

They had detailed knowledge about events from our "premanent school record" (you know, the one they are always talking about)  I don't know how that ended...but it is significant that some 8-10 years later is was brought up.

If it is an element that involves some "character" issues, things such as 2Bs and school discipline seem to have some interest to these people.

Commander
SWR-TX-454