MOLLE GEAR COLOR - which side is true?

Started by maverik, February 17, 2009, 09:55:45 PM

Trouble

Quote from: SARADDICT on February 18, 2009, 01:18:59 PM
alright well I'll put a cap to the off topiness (not saying it's bad it's good info but I don't want this locked  ;D) I am getting an Eagle CIRAS MARITIME because after two years of airsoft I like the weight and feel of the tightness of Plate Carriers simple as that.

Son, may I call you son?  

You nor anyone else in CAP has any use for a CIRAS Carrier while on a CAP mission or in CAP Training.  Save the CIRAS replica for Airsoft, get mission appropriate gear for SAR.

And if you think I am being a fuddy duddy, don't, I was a cadet once too, I use a set of LC-2 gear for years, worked great especially after replacing the slide keepers with zip ties or P-Cord.  But times change, and so we must adapt and overcome or go the way of the Flint lock.

Think of it this way, our missions (just like the military's) are taking place more and more often in suburban and urban environments, we need to have as much a Public Friendly presence as we can muster.   Remember the mission assignment drives the equipment used not the other way around.

I personally use a small RED Patrol Pack (Kigali 30 Lt w/hydration bladder) and a mini modular chest rig made by 5.11 tactical.  I prefer the mini chest rig because it allows me to tailor my pouches and carry a few additional items that I would not be able to carry in a standard Radio Chest Harness.  

Practical, Tactically efficient and Public friendly (looks no different than a civilian Radio Harness aside from a couple extra pockets), in other words I do not look as if I just swam ashore or dropped into a foreign land ready to break things and hurt people.  
Chris Pumphrey, Capt. CAP
MD-023

(C/FO ret.)