Gen Courter is Looking for an NCSA Advisor!

Started by Ned, February 09, 2009, 10:07:29 PM

Ned

Folks,

Gen Courter is looking to hire an NCSA Advisor to work on the National Staff.

Click for the Official Announcement.

The position description:

National Cadet Special Activity Advisor

Serves as principal staff officer for NCSAs, and reports to the National Cadet Program Advisor.  The NCSA advisor coordinates directly with region – level CP staff officers, NHQ Corporate Team counterparts, and NCSA staff in matters concerning the NCSA program.

Typical tasks include:

Working with NHQ CP staff, tracks and reviews NCSA application data, slotting, and "after-action reviews" and develops recommendations for changes and improvements in the NCSA program.

Coordinates with NHQ Corporate Team Counterparts on administrative support of NCSAs.  Identifies tasks that can be performed by volunteer staff, and develops procedures to allow additional volunteer support of the NCSA program.

Coordinates development of potential new NCSAs.

Assist in publicizing NCSAs

Assists in identifying and recruiting Activity Director and staff candidates for consideration by the National Leadership.

Assists Activity Directors, NHQ CP staff, and the National Leadership in ensuring appropriate recognition of NCSA staff by developing recommended standards for NCSA staff awards.

Periodically reviews NCSA guidance and training publications such as the "Activity Directors' Guide" for completeness and accuracy and drafts suggested revisions.

Promotes a strong safety and ORM program within the NCSA community.

Performs additional duties as required.

I would normally expect candidates to have

• a master CP rating
  • Experience as a wing or region CP staff officer
  • Substantial NCSA experience (preferably as an AD)
  • Demonstrated ability to work with diverse leadership within CAP, USAF, and NGOs.
  • Ability to travel during the summer months
(But this is more of a wish list than pre-requisites.)

Help me make sure that we get good candidates for the position by volunteering yourself or selling a qualified bud down the river.

The National Staff is actually a pretty darn cool place to work.  And the NCSA Advisor slot particularly so -- the advisor will be in a position to directly influence "the best of the best" - the cadets we send to our NCSAs.

Please consider applying by going to the link above and filling out an application.

Ned Lee
National Cadet Advisor

jimmydeanno

I assume this is a volunteer position as there is no mention of compensation?  The word "hire" threw me off for a minute there...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Ned

^ Oops, my bad.  Poor wording.

This is a volunteer position on the National Staff.  Payable mostly in inner joy and satisfaction. ;)

Cecil DP

Quote from: Ned on February 10, 2009, 12:13:43 AM
^ Oops, my bad.  Poor wording.

This is a volunteer position on the National Staff.  Payable mostly in inner joy and satisfaction. ;)

In other words inverse renumeration as usual in CAP
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

DBlair

Does anyone know if this position is still open?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Ned

Gen Courter selected Maj Joe Winter (MDWG)  from a highly-qualified group of applicants.

Congratulations to Joe, and thanks to all who applied.