Main Menu

flights.....

Started by Philipp Mohrhardt, February 05, 2009, 04:28:14 AM

Philipp Mohrhardt

Would CAP in Nevada Wing or just in general sponser me (pay) for a flight out to the up and coming Rhode Island encampment?
I need it to get my mitchel I am currently a Cheif Master Sgt.
I would really enjoy to go out there for encampment and represent Nevada Wing.

Rotorhead

I don't know Nevada Wing specifically, but I think the answer is going to be "No."

If the Wing paid for every cadet that wanted to be flown cross-country for an Encampment, it would rapidly go bankrupt.

Nevada Wing's website says:
"Arrangements have been made for Nevada Wing cadets to attend encampments in CA, AZ, ID and UT.  See your commander for details."

Have you done that?
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Gunner C

Quote from: Philipp Mohrhardt on February 05, 2009, 04:28:14 AM
Would CAP in Nevada Wing or just in general sponser me (pay) for a flight out to the up and coming Rhode Island encampment?

You need to go get yourself a part time job - earn your way there!  You'll appreciate it a lot more.

Gunner

Cecil DP

Before even asking for someone else to pay your way, check out the Airfares and let a prospective sponser know how much you expect him/her to put out. Hint nearest major Airport is Boston and Qounset, RI is about an hour away. I agree with those who suggest that you help yourself with a P/T job before asking form additional help.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

gistek

A job is the best first step, but if that's not possible, prepare a letter explaining what you want to do, why you want to do it, how important it is for your future and/or community, why you can't earn the money yourself, and how much it will cost.

Submit a list of people and businesses you want to ask to your Unit and Wing finance officers and ask if there are any businesses and/or people you should not ask (it's not a good idea to ask for something for yourself from the same company your Unit or Wing is begging from).

Remember, you should also include information about CAP in the letter because some of the people you send it to might not know about us. The Public Affairs sample press release has good wording for this. Use the knowledge base to find it.

If you decide to do something internet based, let Region and National know. It's really, really bad form to blindside them.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Cecil DP on February 05, 2009, 06:52:37 AM

Before even asking for someone else to pay your way, check out the Airfares and let a prospective sponser know how much you expect him/her to put out. Hint nearest major Airport is Boston and Qounset, RI is about an hour away. I agree with those who suggest that you help yourself with a P/T job before asking form additional help.

You would want to fly into Providence RI (PVD), not Boston. RIWG provides transport to and from PVD.

Cecil DP

Quote from: phirons on February 05, 2009, 02:18:20 PM
Quote from: Cecil DP on February 05, 2009, 06:52:37 AM

You would want to fly into Providence RI (PVD), not Boston. RIWG provides transport to and from PVD.

Sorry, forgot that SWA flies into Green. Cheapest flights available seem to be SWA and cost today is minimum $275. +taxes and fees.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

ThorntonOL

Try local first it's usually a lot more funner when you can actually run into someone you went to encampment and made friends with then go somewhere where you spend a week together and probably won't see anyone you met again. Not saying don't go but if travel costs are to much to fly out you have a better time finding someone to sponser you if you try locally for an encampment.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

notaNCO forever

Quote from: ThorntonOL on February 05, 2009, 08:53:00 PM
Try local first it's usually a lot more funner when you can actually run into someone you went to encampment and made friends with then go somewhere where you spend a week together and probably won't see anyone you met again. Not saying don't go but if travel costs are to much to fly out you have a better time finding someone to sponser you if you try locally for an encampment.

I'm guessing he wants to go to the RI encampment because it's in the spring, so he will not have to wait as long to get his Mitchell. I remember in my basic year at RI I had I kid from Iowa in my flight, and their was another cadet from California.