Squadron Unit Cargo/Utility Trailers (PULL TYPE)

Started by Macpilot, January 24, 2009, 05:10:15 AM

Macpilot

???
I could not find anything in the CAP regs regarding an individual unit purchasing a pull cargo trailer for the units use and place decals and lettering on the trailer. Does any unit out there in CAP world have a pull enclosed type trailer and what regs forms were used to make this a legal CAP item for the unit.

Any and all information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Capt Crunch

isuhawkeye

Iowa has/had an enclosed trailer.  Im sorry but I do not know its current status

Stonewall

I've been in 2 units that had trailers like this, both had CAP decals on the side.

I have also seen several at other units and wings throughout the years.

The one we had at my squadron in DC was given to us by Wing HQ.
Serving since 1987.

RickFranz

I would make sure it was donated to the Squadron and placed on the Vehicle asset report so that it would be covered as part of the "fleet".  You should check with your Wing LGT to make sure the paperwork is done correctly.  Other wise sounds like a great idea.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

PHall

Short Field

Check the CAP Allowance Standard - Organizational Support Equipment (non-communication).

http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_122903061132.pdf

I think what you are looking at is a "Trailer, Storage".  It is approved by the Wing Commander and is considered administrative support. 

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

We've got one we're using as an MCP, decals and all, there's lots of them for storage and other use in the fleet.

Where you might have issues is whether the Wing LGT wants it in the fleet, since once its purchased with corporate funds or is donated and received by CAP it becomes a Wing vehicle and also a Wing maintenance liability (though the USAF will not pay for trailer repairs or maintenance.

Also, if its to be pulled with a COV, all of your CAP dl's will need to include the trailer endorsement.

Before we took this one it had basically been sitting since late '05 where it had done MCP duty at Stennis in MI.  It needed a lot of sweat equity and real-$$$ money repairs, and then was equipped with camping gears, lights, etc.

It is now equipped to serve as the center of a forward operating area for about 12-16 people.

"That Others May Zoom"