Main Menu

T-Cards

Started by Tubacap, October 21, 2008, 11:31:00 PM

Tubacap

There has been lots of talk about various tracking and status boards, but one of the most effective asset management tools I've seen has been T-cards.  One thing that always seems to get misplaced or not written down are those assets that are available, but not immediately used.

T-card systems help this quite a bit. 

Just a quick google brought up http://t-cardsystems.com/T-cards.html  Check out ICS 219-2 and ICS 219-6
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

isuhawkeye

T cards are an excellent standard to have for tracking resources.  Unfortunately they depend upon having the correct paper.  My teams have used a "Modified" t card system with colored post it notes. 

I will check out your link.  it looks like a great resource

Tubacap

Definitely is color dependant when playing with others.  I need to find someone locally who can cut card stock to the T because I don't want to pay $135 for the set. 

Post it notes are great, but loose their stickyness after awhile.
NER-PA-001

heliodoc

Take a look at Fireline handbook or other wildland fire publications

T cards have been in use for 20 yrs now and a great idea...........................

Tubacap

Anyone have a good commercial source for the ICS 219 series for cheaper than $130?
NER-PA-001

heliodoc

nwcg.gov

National Fire Equip System Catalog

NFES 1347 100/pkg   2.94
NFES 1348 100/pkg   3.20
NFES 1350  100/pkg  3.08

Thankme now or thank me later

Get your check books out and write to your favorite Fire Cache in Boise, ID ; you'll be GLAD you did

heliodoc

Remember

The above post is in the best interest of interagency cooperation

We wildland firefighters are capable and indispensable SAR folks!!!