Help an Army guy out

Started by hatentx, June 11, 2008, 03:40:57 AM

RiverAux

Keep paying your dues and you will be fine.  However, depending on how long you're gone some of your emergency services qualifications could go inactive. 

hatentx

i have ti have some first.  Will my army stuff like CLS/TC3 count for any of the ES training.

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

RiverAux

Some Army courses may help you in the CAP professinal development program, but thats about it as far as straight transfer of credit.  Depending on what you do in the Army, some of the training you get might help you pass CAP ES training tasks a lot faster than others.  For example, land navigation stuff is the same so you could just ask to be quized on the relevant CAP tasks and you should do fine. 

hatentx

alright so i guess once i sign up I will have ton of reading to do to get caught up and high speed.   I do Electronics, Avionics and Weapon systems on the Apache in the Army along with normal Soldier skills and the dozens of additional duties one get stuck with.  I guess I will just have to sit down see my requirments and see what may and may not fit then

RiverAux

Not really a bunch of reading.  CAP pretty much lets you work at your own pace and I know my unit has worked around deployment issues with the active duty/Guard folks in the unit. 

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 12, 2008, 04:29:13 PM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 12, 2008, 12:02:22 PM
31A - Law Enforcement Officer - Primary

46A - Public Affairs Officer - Secondary

Branch detail?  Or jut a secondary assignment?

Me...13A

Secondary assignment.  I stayed MP all the time I was commissioned.  I was the S2 of an engineer battalion for a while, but they would not let me branch transfer after they found out my parents were married.
Another former CAP officer

hatentx

Alright another question and this is more on topic, sorry for deviating a little.  Where would I be able to get my Army badges like my Aviation Wings in the Ultra Marine Blue?  As it stands now and from what I am understanding is that I would be authorized to wear:

All Army Issued Ribbons (Someone said I can also wear unit citations, I am assuming only the onse I have earned and not what I currently wear because of my unit)
My Aviation Crew member wings

I am unauthorized to wear:
Combat Patch :'(
Regimental Affiliation
Marksmanship Badges
Drivers Badge
Stetson :'( :'( :'( :'(
Spurs :'( :'( :'( :'(

On BDUs I would wear the Ultra Marine Blue Name Tape, CAP Tape, Wings.  What would I wear as rank being that I would only be a Sr member for the first 6 months.  Is there an Authorized type of belt?  And I cant believe I am going to have to shine boots again.

arajca

Quote from: hatentx on June 14, 2008, 02:42:21 AM
All Army Issued Ribbons (Someone said I can also wear unit citations, I am assuming only the onse I have earned and not what I currently wear because of my unit)
They are correct. You can only wear the military awards/ribbons that have been awarded to you.

QuoteMy Aviation Crew member wings

Regimental Affiliation
Marksmanship Badges
Drivers Badge
Correct

QuoteOn BDUs I would wear the Ultra Marine Blue Name Tape, CAP Tape, Wings.  What would I wear as rank being that I would only be a Sr member for the first 6 months.  Is there an Authorized type of belt?
You'd wear the cloth CAP cutouts. The AF bdu belt - blue with black tip and open faced buckle.
QuoteAnd I cant believe I am going to have to shine boots again.
Long live Kiwi!

May I also refer you to our good friend, the Civil Air Patrol Uniform Manual. He lives here.

ps. I'm a former 15E (Pershing Missile Crewmember)

MIKE

(Someone said I can also wear unit citations, I am assuming only the onse I have earned and not what I currently wear because of my unit)

If you want to be technically correct anyway.  :)
Mike Johnston

hatentx

okay thanks for the manuals. that helps a ton.  I was wondering if there are some pics of the SM BDU CAP sut out?  Also a good place to get the wings embroidered?

flyguync

Alright another question and this is more on topic, sorry for deviating a little.  Where would I be able to get my Army badges like my Aviation Wings in the Ultra Marine Blue?  As it stands now and from what I am understanding is that I would be authorized to wear:

nametags4u.com     Make sure you specify CAP blue fabric or you will get dark blue... My suggestion is to call and talk to a real person so that theres not a misunderstanding.

Another tip you cannot wear ANY "big boy" military dodads on CAP fat and fuzzy uniforms, That being CAP corporate uniforms.

JohnKachenmeister

My Aviation Crew member wings

Regimental Affiliation
Marksmanship Badges
Drivers Badge

On BDUs I would wear the Ultra Marine Blue Name Tape, CAP Tape, Wings.  What would I wear as rank being that I would only be a Sr member for the first 6 months.  Is there an Authorized type of belt?  And I cant believe I am going to have to shine boots again.

Also... don't forget the AF wears ALL of their ibbons on the left side, including unit awards.  Army versions of the unit awards are a little bigger, since they stand alone on the right.  You add the unit awards to your regular ribbon rack, somake sure you buy the smaller AF versions of them.
Another former CAP officer

Hawk200

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 14, 2008, 10:46:04 AM
Also... don't forget the AF wears ALL of their ibbons on the left side, including unit awards.  Army versions of the unit awards are a little bigger, since they stand alone on the right.  You add the unit awards to your regular ribbon rack, somake sure you buy the smaller AF versions of them.

Actually, the ribbons are the same size. The frames are larger. The smaller frames are availabe in most AF mil clothing stores.If you can't find the frames individually, you can always buy an AF award that has them, and swap off the frames.

hatentx

nametags4u.com is no longer doing things for CAP.  or at least that is what I was reading through.

mikeylikey

ya.......they are.  Look a little closer on the left hand side.

I have to ask.....you were a Cadet for how long?  How long ago?  How long have you been in CAP as a Senior Member?

Has anyone in your SQD actually taken five minutes to talk to you about becoming a CAP Officer? 

I don't mind questions, I love to answere them, but it seems you first stop should be the SQD.   
What's up monkeys?

Short Field

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 13, 2008, 03:01:32 AM
I was the S2 of an engineer battalion for a while, but they would not let me branch transfer after they found out my parents were married.

If they had been married to each other, it would have been ok.   ;D 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

hatentx

Never been a cadet, I am in the processes of joining I will be turning in my paper work this week.  I am just trying to get everything straight so that I am good and ready to go.  Just trying to be high speed ya know

mikeylikey

^ Did you find the white on blue badges??

There are other suppliers that "we" don't openly discuss on the forum that are cheaper than Vanguard for certain uniform items.  Just ask and anyone here will PM you a few sources, just don't announce them on the board, or two weeks later National HQ CAP will send them a letter telling them they will get sued.

As far as transferring over Army courses, send in a 214 with your app, or fax one now.  It will save time later trying to get equivalencies worked out.  You can also compile a list of certificates and diplomas and CAP will accept those as well.

I also reccomend that any badge, ribbon or device you wear on a CAP uniform, you provide your CAP unit with documentation, as there are other CAP members who will go out of their way to double check anything attached to your uniform.  It has happened to me countless times by members I have not even met before.  I guess because I look so young, or they can't believe I am an AD Officer (my good looks and sly wit). 

Anyway, good luck with CAP.  I don't know where I got that you were a Cadet previously, sometimes these threads and topics run together in my head.   :D

What Wing are you joining??     
What's up monkeys?

arajca

On the subject of equivilencies, look in CAPR 50-17, attch. 2. This lists which CAP training requirements can be waived if you have completed some military courses.