White Aviator shirt

Started by CAPLAW, May 29, 2008, 03:56:08 PM

CAPLAW

Is there an aviator shirt without the pleat in the back of the shirt?  I got one from the HOCK and I would rather wear one without the pleat in the back.  Any sources that could be given would be much  appreciated. :) :)

THANKS

DNall

There was a thread about this a long time ago with links to shirts that were exactly like the AF blues shirt, but of course white. Someone else should be able to find that for you. It's not exactly my area.

Psicorp

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

DNall

SarDragon

There is also this thread -  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3130.msg61317#msg61317

These shirts can be ordered online from several sources, although the last time I checked, the Vanguard prices was the cheapest.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: SarDragon on May 30, 2008, 02:09:20 AM
There is also this thread -  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3130.msg61317#msg61317

These shirts can be ordered online from several sources, although the last time I checked, the Vanguard prices was the cheapest.

YMMV.

Yea but IMHO the one in the "AF cut" looks a lot better. I think we should all call NHQ and tell them to make that one the standard, it's made by the same company as the current one VG stocks so it's not like it would be hard to get, although it would be nice if it didn't have the eyelets for wings, but if you have two+ rows of ribbons (or wings) it's not a issue.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

afgeo4

That AF cut shirt isn't exactly AF cut. It's much larger than the uniform shirt (even though the same collar size) and the pockets are placed noticeably lower. The short sleeve ends are pleated too. Otherwise, it's the same I guess. Oh... and it has a sewn on fabric badge mount which you'll have to remove.
GEORGE LURYE

SarDragon

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 30, 2008, 05:53:25 AM
That AF cut shirt isn't exactly AF cut. It's much larger than the uniform shirt (even though the same collar size) and the pockets are placed noticeably lower. The short sleeve ends are pleated too. Otherwise, it's the same I guess.

Pleated? Or cuffed?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 30, 2008, 05:53:25 AM
That AF cut shirt isn't exactly AF cut. It's much larger than the uniform shirt (even though the same collar size) and the pockets are placed noticeably lower. The short sleeve ends are pleated too. Otherwise, it's the same I guess. Oh... and it has a sewn on fabric badge mount which you'll have to remove.

They sell a "tapered" version, which solves the "larger" problem. Also in the picture the badge "mount" looks to be about 1/2" above the pocket, so as long as I am wearing ribbons I don't have to remove anything.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

arajca

Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on May 30, 2008, 02:45:59 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 30, 2008, 02:09:20 AM

YMMV.

Yea but IMHO the one in the "AF cut" looks a lot better. I think we should all call NHQ and tell them to make that one the standard, it's made by the same company as the current one VG stocks so it's not like it would be hard to get, although it would be nice if it didn't have the eyelets for wings, but if you have two+ rows of ribbons (or wings) it's not a issue.
The problem is that Van Husen thinks anyone who wear as 19 or larger shirt is 5'6" tall. I wear a 19 and the body of the shirt only has 1/2" inside my trousers initially and when I move, the sides get pulled out - I'm only 6'. They discontinued the talls in anything over 18.5, so those of us with thick necks (to support our thick skulls) who are taller than 5'6" are SOL. I finally found a good shirt at Quartermaster Uniforms. It's not the AF style, but is cut well and has a long body - I don't use the Tall and the body comes down to my hips on the sides.