NEW STUFF from Vanguard, CAP's only (almost) uniform supplier.

Started by alamrcn, May 20, 2008, 06:47:35 PM

alamrcn

I don't think anyone mentioned yet, but these are there now...

Still no "blanks" for OWOGs, FOs, NCOs, and junior cadets?

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Eclipse

Quote from: alamrcn on May 20, 2008, 06:47:35 PM
Still no "blanks" for OWOGs, FOs, NCOs, and junior cadets?

-Ace

Its still Senior Member Without Grade, unless you can site >anywhere< that the terminology for Senior Members has been changed.

Nice to see they are finally getting cadets included in the tabs.

They do sell a blank one, its just not featured on their web site - Cadet NCO's and Senior members who have chosen to display their other-service enlisted grade display the USAF equivalent to their enlisted grade, pin it onto the blank one.

http://www.vanguardmil.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7321

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Quote from: Eclipse on May 20, 2008, 07:13:19 PMCadet NCO's and Senior members who have chosen to display their other-service enlisted grade pin it onto the blank one.

That statement makes it seem like you can pin PO3 crows or SFC chevrons to it... Might wanna rephrase that.
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: MIKE on May 20, 2008, 08:00:56 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 20, 2008, 07:13:19 PMCadet NCO's and Senior members who have chosen to display their other-service enlisted grade pin it onto the blank one.

That statement makes it seem like you can pin PO3 crows or SFC chevrons to it... Might wanna rephrase that.

I would agree. I had a senior in an old unit that showed up with crows on. He said that the reg allowed his rank on it. I told that it was the Air Force equivalent insignia, not the actual Navy rank. Had to show him 39-1 and several other references to make it clear to him.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

AWWWWW...  You mean I can't wear my subdued PO1 crow on one of those kool tabs? Shucks!  ;) ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on May 20, 2008, 11:50:17 PM

AWWWWW...  You mean I can't wear my subdued PO1 crow on one of those kool tabs? Shucks!  ;) ;)

No Dave, you're supposed to wear the shiny ones!

CASH172

The Hock has already been selling these for a long time now.  I have C/1st Lt to C/Col in my collection.  I also got 1st Lt to Col due to a shipping screw up. 

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on May 21, 2008, 02:25:06 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 20, 2008, 11:50:17 PM

No Dave, you're supposed to wear the shiny ones!

OK, OK, I'll wear the shiny one.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SJFedor

Quote from: CASH172 on May 21, 2008, 03:26:47 AM
The Hock has already been selling these for a long time now.  I have C/1st Lt to C/Col in my collection.  I also got 1st Lt to Col due to a shipping screw up. 

Wanna sell the Capt (not C/Capt) to me?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Ozzy

Quote from: CASH172 on May 21, 2008, 03:26:47 AM

Well that sorta happened to me... I bought a C/2nd Lt one and got a 2nd Lt one instead... but I gave the wrong one back..
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19