Removing Specialty Track Enrollment

Started by dhon27, March 10, 2008, 02:23:55 AM

dhon27

We have some members that previously enrolled in specialty tracks, but, along the way, elected not to pursue a Tech rating.  Their records still show them as enrolled in the track, and we would like to clear up their records. 

Before the EServices Specialty Track application, you could strike out the track enrollment on the Professional Development Report (PDR) and send it into NHQ.  Any ideas how you can accomplish the same thing with through EServices?

lordmonar

Just go to the specialty track section of E-service and delete it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Camas

Quote from: lordmonar on March 10, 2008, 04:10:05 AM
Just go to the specialty track section of E-service and delete it.
That'll work if it's still pending but for those specialty tracks that have been approved then - - - -
Quote from: dhon27 on March 10, 2008, 02:23:55 AM
Before the EServices Specialty Track application, you could strike out the track enrollment on the Professional Development Report (PDR) and send it into NHQ.  Any ideas how you can accomplish the same thing with through EServices?
- - -  you do it the old-fashion way.  Strike it out in red, get the unit CC to sign it and send it off to Nat'l.

Short Field

Printing out a PDR, making the changes in red, and sending it in seemed the only way to delete a track.  So we just let them alone as much effort than it was worth.   I have one track on my record that I will never get advance to tech in.  I was training in that track for a month until they decided they needed more help in another track and moved me there.

I did see someplace that eServices will only display THREE specialty tracks.  I don't know if that is true, and if it is, then which three - the last three entered, the first three, or do you get to pick?

Anyone have more on this?

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

RogueLeader

Quote from: Short Field on March 10, 2008, 05:18:08 AM
Printing out a PDR, making the changes in red, and sending it in seemed the only way to delete a track.  So we just let them alone as much effort than it was worth.   I have one track on my record that I will never get advance to tech in.  I was training in that track for a month until they decided they needed more help in another track and moved me there.

I did see someplace that eServices will only display THREE specialty tracks.  I don't know if that is true, and if it is, then which three - the last three entered, the first three, or do you get to pick?

Anyone have more on this?

No that is not true.  I know of a member who has many tracks completed and they all show up.

During the course of my CAP career, I have been enrolled in 4 tracks and they show up as well.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

It used to be that the printed STR (now PDR) would only show your three most current (highest?)  specialty tracks. Since the advent of MIMS, that is no longer the case.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DrDave

I have eleven (11) specialty track ratings listed in eServices, so they'll do more than three.

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Tim Medeiros

One way to get it removed may be to call up NHQ/DP and ask them to remove it for you.  Or you could just leave it as it is incase the member decides they would like to get back in the area.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

RiverAux

Are you confusing the restriction on training in no more than 3 ES quals at the same time (not sure if that is still in place, but it was at one time) with the PD tracks?