Sortie Songs and Mission Music

Started by ♠SARKID♠, March 02, 2008, 09:25:15 AM

mynetdude

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 06, 2008, 11:47:26 PM
Quote from: mynetdude on March 06, 2008, 11:26:31 PM
Sorry I know we are getting off topic here, what are "earth magnets"?

They're actually "Rare Earth Magnets" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet

Sorry my bad, I didn't realize the "rare" was to be included :) Thanks for the wiki

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: BigMojo on March 06, 2008, 01:36:26 PM
Quote from: Johnny Yuma on March 06, 2008, 01:16:53 AM

"THe Bad Touch" BLoodhound Gang

While that's in my personal driving mix...not so sure that's a good one with cadets in the vehicle...CPPT and all... >:D

Whaddaya talking about? It was the cadets in the back playing the song!

Besides - After having to listen to 2 females cadets discuss their underwear collection (just to embarass moi) there oughta be a Senior Protection Program!

BTW - these young ladies are now wives, mothers and senior members and still they do their best to make me blush.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: A.Member on March 06, 2008, 05:40:20 PM
Holy crap, and I do mean crap...I hope I'm never have to be stuck on a ground team with some of you.  If we were armed I'd probably have to eat a bullet. :P  :)  And the Imperial March?!  YGTBFSM.

Hey, when one of our GTM's in my Wing broke his leg on mission last year his teammates didn't even wait until the ambulance had arrived before they started calling dibs on his field gear. They did wait to start laughing at him until after they checked his vitals and made sure he didn't break his neck.

I thought I was being conservative. I never once mentioned all the Mojo Nixon and Horton Heat songs in my playlist.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: mynetdude on March 06, 2008, 11:51:21 PM

They're actually "Rare Earth Magnets" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet

Sorry my bad, I didn't realize the "rare" was to be included :) Thanks for the wiki

Rare earth magnets are toys for scientists.  They are extremely strong, and if you put a stack of them together, even a relatively strong person can have a bit of trouble pulling them apart.  The neodymiums that I have are so strong that you have to be very careful when you put two of them near each other; their strength causes them to accelerate so quickly towards each other that the magnets can shatter on impact.

[/sidetrack]

mynetdude

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 07, 2008, 05:38:35 AM
Quote from: mynetdude on March 06, 2008, 11:51:21 PM

Rare earth magnets are toys for scientists.  They are extremely strong, and if you put a stack of them together, even a relatively strong person can have a bit of trouble pulling them apart.  The neodymiums that I have are so strong that you have to be very careful when you put two of them near each other; their strength causes them to accelerate so quickly towards each other that the magnets can shatter on impact.

[/sidetrack]

and hard to pull apart ;)