Cadet Orientation Video?

Started by ladyreferee, September 23, 2005, 06:17:42 PM

ladyreferee

I was reading CAPP 50-9, the instructor's guide to the cadet orientation course.  How many squadrons use this program with their new cadets?  And if you do, is there a video that used to come with this and doesn't anymore?  I've sent an email to CAPmart asking about this.
Thanks!
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

MIKE

I thought you were just supposed to use the Level 1 video (the one for SMs) for this course, but I'll check.

Edited to add:  Yep.

Quote from: CAPP 50-9 (E) Volume 1Level I Orientation Video
The Level I orientation video is the foundation for the Cadet Orientation Course and is available
through the CAP Bookstore. It is ideally suited for a cadet orientation and this instructor/student packet
is made to replace the Level I orientation instructor/student materials when the video is played for
cadets. These materials provide the additional information necessary to tailor the course towards the
needs of new cadets.

I haven't been in a unit that uses these materials though, at least as presented in the course itself.
Mike Johnston

SarDragon

The video is the same one that is used for the senior member Level I Orientation Course. Your unit should already have a copy. If not, the entire Level I course is available from CAP Mart for $20.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ladyreferee

Thanks!  I didn't realize it was the same one - we have it of course for our seniors. 
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP