Main Menu

Ordering AFIADL 13

Started by DogCollar, February 11, 2008, 01:20:56 PM

DogCollar

Does anyone have a contact number for ordering AFIADL 13 that they would mind passing along to me?  The AFIADL website is the most unfriendly and difficult website I've ever tried to navigate!

Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

jeders

Have you seen these instrustions? They make it fairly easy I think. It also has a phone number.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

davedove

Here is a step by step set of instructions that I wrote up for my squadron.  Of course, you will have to change a few details for your squadron and wing, but it covers the steps.

Applying for AFIADL-13, Civil Air Patrol Senior Officer Course

1. Go to the Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning:  http://www.maxwell.af.mil/au/afiadl/

2. In the "Navigation" block on the left hand side of the screen, click on the IMTs & Forms link.

3. Scroll down and click on the AU 23 link.

4. A pdf application form will be brought out.  Fill in the items on the form as follows:

1) Block 1 – enter 000013

2) Block 2 – enter CAP Senior Officer Course.

3) Block 3 – enter your social security number.

4) Block 4 – enter your phone number.

5) Block 5 – enter your name - last, first, middle initial, suffix.

6) Block 6 – select Civil Air Patrol-7 from the drop down menu.

7) Block 7 – select the appropriate grade from the drop down menu:  E-1 for SMWOG, O-1 for 2nd Lt, O-2 for 1st Lt; O-3 for Capt, and O-4 for Maj.

8) Block 8 – mark the box next to "voluntary."

9) Block 9 – enter your address.

10) Block 10 – enter the appropriate zip code and shred number.  For Maryland Wing the zip code is 212408341 and the shred code is 1.

11) Block 11 – no entry needed.

12) Block 12 – enter your email address.

13) Block 13 – enter the date; Commander, Frederick Composite Squadron; and the Commander's name.

5. Print a copy of the form for your records.

6. Click on the box Email Form To: STUDENT.SERVICES@MAXWELL.AF.MIL

7. This will bring up an email message with the form attached.  Enter your email address in the CC block to receive a copy.  Also CC a copy to the Squadron's Professional Development Officer.

Disabled smilieys - MIKE
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

DogCollar

Thank you both!!

There should be some sort of achievement recognition for just filling out the form!! ;)

arajca

There is:
"Congratulations, you're the new {insert unit name here} Professional Development Officer!" >:D

davedove

Quote from: arajca on February 11, 2008, 05:41:05 PM
There is:
"Congratulations, you're the new {insert unit name here} Professional Development Officer!" >:D

Is THAT what happened to me? :o
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

mynetdude

more like congratulations you're the new IT officer as well :) Many PDOs I have met are fairly versed with computers, there are plenty of members who are not so if you can get AU.23 you're pretty good at it because it isn't exactly easy because the site is not easy to navigate either.

Of course having instructions help too, I help process these requests for my squadron and nearby local squadrons in the area because I seem to be the only one who can sometimes.

DogCollar

Okay,
I successfully ordered the course the very day I received the marvelous instructions above!!  Within 10 days I received a post-card saying that I had unitl March 13, 2009 to complete the course and exam.  It also noted that the course would be shipped "shortly."  Well, it's been nearly a month and I haven't seen "hide nor hair" of the AFIADL 13 course!

Is a delay in receiving the course standard operating procedure?  Have any of you had this problem and successfully solved it?

Bill

jb512

I'm glad they give you a year to do it.  Mine has been sitting in our testing officer's cabinet for about 6 months now since I've been procrastinating.  Maybe my promotion to 1st Lt next month will inspire me to get it done.

Hawk200

Quote from: jaybird512 on March 05, 2008, 07:58:02 AM
I'm glad they give you a year to do it.  Mine has been sitting in our testing officer's cabinet for about 6 months now since I've been procrastinating.  Maybe my promotion to 1st Lt next month will inspire me to get it done.

Keep in mind that if you don't complete before the deadline, you may have to wait a while before you can re-enroll.  You used to be able to do a four month extension, I don't know if that's still true.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 06, 2008, 03:17:34 PM
Quote from: jaybird512 on March 05, 2008, 07:58:02 AM

Keep in mind that if you don't complete before the deadline, you may have to wait a while before you can re-enroll.  You used to be able to do a four month extension, I don't know if that's still true.

its a six month extension.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340