Composite Squadrons - who does the C/CC report to?

Started by ladyreferee, September 12, 2005, 04:52:22 PM

Eclipse

No.

DCP = Director of Cadet Programs a Group or Wing function.
There is no "CDCP"

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Apparently the CAPF 66 abbreviates Deputy Commander of Cadets as DCC, but I personally prefer to use CDC even though use of functional address symbols is technically improper.
Mike Johnston

Eclipse

CDC / CDS is how it is abbreviated in the WMU, though honestly if it turned out they made that up, it wouldn't surprise me.

To muddy things further, the new alignment of office symbols makes the DOK the DC.

Great.

So I am going to start refereing to these positions by their number, A2, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

shorning

Quote from: Pylon on March 31, 2006, 07:51:03 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on March 31, 2006, 07:34:19 PM
Quote from: mmouw on March 30, 2006, 04:34:26 PM
Does the DCC answer to the DCS or the CC?

Deputy Commander for Cadets = CDC

Deputy Commander for Seniors = CDS

Isn't Deputy Commander for Cadets = CDCP  ?    ???

What's the reg say?  If it doesn't specify, we can make things up all day long and it really doesn't matter.

shorning

Quote from: Eclipse on March 31, 2006, 08:16:48 PM
To muddy things further, the new alignment of office symbols makes the DOK the DC.

In other words, they finally changed it back to what it used to be...

Nick

Quote from: Eclipse on March 31, 2006, 07:53:14 PM
No.

There is no "CDCP"

Eh, DCP is at the wing level.  Groups don't get directors -- they're cadet programs officers.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Pylon

Quote from: mclarty on April 01, 2006, 02:11:57 AM
No.

There is no "CDCP"

Eh, DCP is at the wing level.  Groups don't get directors -- they're cadet programs officers.

Bingo.  Hence my signature line.  I don't direct.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Nick

Quote from: Pylon on April 01, 2006, 02:28:49 AM

Yeah, being a wing ADCP and a group CPO, I've always been very clear on that one. :)
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

shorning

Quote from: Pylon on April 01, 2006, 02:28:49 AM
Quote from: mclarty on April 01, 2006, 02:11:57 AM
No.

There is no "CDCP"

When I was a DCP, I told the squadrons in the wing that I wasn't there to run the cadet program for them.  My job was to manage wing-level stuff, guide the overall program in the wing, and provide support to their programs.  Granted, my wing was small.  That may not work for everyone, but I think for a small wing with units widely separated geographically, it worked pretty well.  I wish I had been able to stay in that job longer. :-\

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2006, 04:55:18 PM
"Commander in Chief" is "CINC".

"CC" is "Component Commander.

oh I thought it was Company Commander.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 04, 2007, 05:41:01 PM

The USAF does not have any "companies".  CC mean commander.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: lordmonar on April 04, 2007, 06:02:00 PM

The USAF does not have any "companies".  CC mean commander.
i know, I was transfereing language that I thought the Army used. ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Psicorp

Only when he/she is wearing Class A's  ;D
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

ZigZag911

Quote from: flyguy06 on March 31, 2006, 06:42:57 AM
It would probably help if people wouldnt use terms like CC and CV in conversation. These are office symbols, but because we dont want to type out Commander, we abbreviate and say CC which understandably confuses people.

I am a Deputy for Cadets and a young one at that and I get that all the time that peole think the Deputy for Seniors out ranks me. He doesnt. We are equal.

Actually the squadron commander determines the 'order of succession'; in most units, in my experience, the DCS has been 'first deputy' (takes command in absence of CC).

You are right, though, that in the normal course of business you have equal authority in your individual areas of responsibility (and no direct authority over the other area, ordinarily)

DNall

Comment on a two year old thread, sure no problem...
First, 20-1 is 15 years out of date & the org doesn't officially use the officer symbols published there. CDC & CDS are the right symbols, currently, but give it five minutes & a NB mtg & I'm sure you can get it changed & shiny multi-colored too.

The reason CDS tends to take charge when the CC is gone is cause they already command all the whinny adults, the CDC still retains control over the cadets & the only one who experiences any wierdness is the CDC, otherwise it's business as usual. The CDC doesn't work for the CDS though & the CDS would get fired if they tried to significantly change the cadet program or remove teh CDC while the CC is gone.

By the way, CC (component commander) is commanly used in CAP to mean commander, but in the military it refers to a command level that has UCMJ authority over subordinates. In the Army for example that is a Company CC, but not a Platon Leader (see the difference there).

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: ZigZag911 on April 04, 2007, 10:12:57 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on March 31, 2006, 06:42:57 AM
It would probably help if people wouldnt use terms like CC and CV in conversation. These are office symbols, but because we dont want to type out Commander, we abbreviate and say CC which understandably confuses people.

I am a Deputy for Cadets and a young one at that and I get that all the time that peole think the Deputy for Seniors out ranks me. He doesnt. We are equal.

Actually the squadron commander determines the 'order of succession'; in most units, in my experience, the DCS has been 'first deputy' (takes command in absence of CC).

You are right, though, that in the normal course of business you have equal authority in your individual areas of responsibility (and no direct authority over the other area, ordinarily)

And in the absence of a designated successor, the senior of the two deputy commanders acts as commander until relieved.
Another former CAP officer

Hoser

The C/CC reports to whoever the Squadron Commander says he/she does. The structures of Squadrons in the regs are more like guidlines than actual rules. In my squadron the C/CC reports to the DCC. Unless the sun quits rising in the east my cadets know the buck stops there.

ZigZag911

Quote from: Hoser on April 12, 2007, 04:00:29 PM
The C/CC reports to whoever the Squadron Commander says he/she does. The structures of Squadrons in the regs are more like guidlines than actual rules. In my squadron the C/CC reports to the DCC. Unless the sun quits rising in the east my cadets know the buck stops there.

While you are technically correct, why even have a DCC if the sqdn CC is going to have the Cadet CC as a direct report?

Capt Rivera

In my experience  ;)  ::) CDC = Career Development Course, Just thought I'd add to the confusion.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DNall

I didn't make these office symbols or ever claim CAP had any common sense or ability to follow the leader, that's just what it is.