Composite Squadrons - who does the C/CC report to?

Started by ladyreferee, September 12, 2005, 04:52:22 PM

ladyreferee

I think it is a bit confusing on CAPR 20-1.  With the organizational charts, it doesn't really show where the cadet program comes in on a composite squadron - who is the Cadet Commander responsible to?
   We have a Deputy Commander of Cadets - we have a Deputy Commander of Seniors - does the C/CC, who is appointed by the Squadron Commander report to the Squadron Commander or the Deputy Commander of Cadets?
  ???
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Matt

the Cadet Commander should be reporting to your Dep. Commander for Cadets.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Bluelakes 13

Quote from: Matt on September 12, 2005, 04:57:11 PM

Exactly.  And if that position is not filled, then it would be the CC.

arajca

A composite squadron uses the org charts of the senior squadron and cadet squadron. The cadet structure falls under the Deupty Commander in a caet squadron so it would fall under the Deupty Commander for Cadets in a composite squadron.

ladyreferee

Quote from: jkalemis on September 12, 2005, 05:18:34 PM

Then who is the CC? I thought that was the Cadet Commander.
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: ladyreferee on September 12, 2005, 05:55:09 PM

The Cadet Commander is abbreviated as C/CC.  Just like all other cadet grades, cadet position abbreviations are traditionally prefaced with the "C/."

So, the CC is your Squadron Commander, and the C/CC is the Cadet Commander.  Same abbreviation, just adding the "C/" preface.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ncc1912

Quote from: Pylon on September 12, 2005, 06:02:31 PM
Quote from: ladyreferee on September 12, 2005, 05:55:09 PM

The Cadet Commander is abbreviated as C/CC.  Just like all other cadet grades, cadet position abbreviations are traditionally prefaced with the "C/."

So, the CC is your Squadron Commander, and the C/CC is the Cadet Commander.  Same abbreviation, just adding the "C/" preface.  :)

FYI:

Just to clarify further (though it has become a little off-subject):  CC is an office symbol denoting "commander-in-chief" at any level of command, not just the squadron level.  Hence "CC".  Furthermore, the same goes for "CV", "commander-in-vice" and so on.  The term "deputy commander" is only used if there are two or more individuals sharing the same level of responsibility under a given commander and neither holds authority over the other.  If a commander wishes to place one of his/her deputies in a position "higher" than the other for reasons of order of command succession, then the term "chief deputy commander" could be loosely used.
//SIGNED//
JUSTIN B. BAIER, Major, CAP
"Dislocated Member"
Civil Air Patrol - United States Air Force Auxiliary
Active-duty USAF
Seoul, Republic of Korea

BlueLakes1

Quote from: ncc1912 on October 02, 2005, 06:52:56 AM
FYI:

Just to clarify further (though it has become a little off-subject):  CC is an office symbol denoting "commander-in-chief" at any level of command, not just the squadron level.  Hence "CC".  Furthermore, the same goes for "CV", "commander-in-vice" and so on.  The term "deputy commander" is only used if there are two or more individuals sharing the same level of responsibility under a given commander and neither holds authority over the other.  If a commander wishes to place one of his/her deputies in a position "higher" than the other for reasons of order of command succession, then the term "chief deputy commander" could be loosely used.

That's not entirely correct, at least on the CAP side of the house. CAPR 20-1 repeatedly refers to "Deputy Commanders" for Groups and Squadrons, both in the organization graphics and in the job descriptions for Group and Squadron CCs (at the very end, where it says the job description applies to the Deputy Commander as well as the CC). Mind you, the graphics for Groups, Cadet and Senior Squadrons only show one Deputy Commander, while the Composite Squadron one shows the DCC and DCS positions seperately. Wings and above are the only levels that have Vice Commanders.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

flyguy06

The Deputy for Cadets is the Senior Member responsible to the Squadron Comander for the running of the cadet unit in the Squadron

mmouw

Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

shorning

Quote from: mmouw on March 30, 2006, 04:34:26 PM
Does the DCC answer to the DCS or the CC?

Both deputy commanders report to the squadron commander.  Look at the diagrams in 20-1.  You don't have a "deputy to the deputy".

Eclipse

"Commander in Chief" is "CINC".

"CC" is "Component Commander.

"That Others May Zoom"

alexalvarez

Boy, I learn something new everyday from CAP TAlK.  Everybody keep up the good work.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

flyguy06

It would probably help if people wouldnt use terms like CC and CV in conversation. These are office symbols, but because we dont want to type out Commander, we abbreviate and say CC which understandably confuses people.

I am a Deputy for Cadets and a young one at that and I get that all the time that peole think the Deputy for Seniors out ranks me. He doesnt. We are equal.

MIKE

Quote from: flyguy06 on March 31, 2006, 06:42:57 AM
I am a Deputy for Cadets and a young one at that and I get that all the time that peole think the Deputy for Seniors out ranks me. He doesnt. We are equal.

What happens when the Commander gets dropped by a sniper or something?  Do the deputies thumb wrestle or play rock, paper, scissors?  ;D
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on March 31, 2006, 02:29:15 PM
What happens when the Commander gets dropped by a sniper or something?  Do the deputies thumb wrestle or play rock, paper, scissors?   ;D

Hopefully he knows about tiger claw and pen missle, too...   ;)

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on March 31, 2006, 03:38:10 PM
What happens when the Commander gets dropped by a sniper or something?  Do the deputies thumb wrestle or play rock, paper, scissors?   ;D

Pen missile pwns all.  :D
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on March 31, 2006, 03:42:36 PM
Quote from: Pylon on March 31, 2006, 03:38:10 PM

Pen missile pwns all.  :D

You probably don't even know about pen missle.

Ahem... sorry for the topic drift.  Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Eclipse

Deputy Commander for Cadets = CDC

Deputy Commander for Seniors = CDS

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on March 31, 2006, 07:34:19 PM

Deputy Commander for Cadets = CDC

Deputy Commander for Seniors = CDS

Isn't Deputy Commander for Cadets = CDCP  ?    ???