Bates uniform Boots

Started by bricktonfire, January 26, 2008, 09:05:00 PM

bricktonfire

i just got a new pair of boot From Bates  so far i like the boots please give me some feedback on these boot i would like use them for cap once i rejoin

MIKE

What kind of Bates boots did you get?  I have the Infantry Combat Boots made by them which I like.
Mike Johnston

afgeo4

If they're the Infantry Combat Boots with the goretex bootie inside then you're pretty good to go. It's an excellent boot. My personal preference is Wellco's version of the same, but Bates are a very close second.

Just make sure they aren't the summer version (your feet will turn to blue once the snow turns into water inside and freezes your toes.

However, they should be pretty good on the ice that forms on the driveway side of your building (so you don't slip as much as I did).
GEORGE LURYE

bricktonfire

they are the 8'' Enforcer Ultra- lites Tactical boot for law enforcerment they also have a zipper on the side

BigMojo

Quote from: lilred36781 on January 26, 2008, 11:22:45 PM
they are the 8'' Enforcer Ultra- lites Tactical boot for law enforcerment they also have a zipper on the side

That's what I have...I like mine. The Zipper is nice. I have a pair of Gore-Tex socks for playing in the swamp and I'm good to go.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

afgeo4

Not sure those are actually authorized for cap since they aren't military style boots.
GEORGE LURYE

SarDragon

Quote from: CAPM 39-1, table 2-3, item 4Footwear (Combat Boots)
Black, with or without safety toe, plain rounded toe or rounded capped
toe with or without perforated seam. Zipper or elastic inserts optional,
smooth or scotch-grained leather or man-made material, and may have a
high gloss or patent finish.

Sez nothing about military. I wear what makes my feet feel good and also meets the requirements of the paragraph above.

Tags - MIKE
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bricktonfire

here what my boots look like

DC

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 27, 2008, 06:43:15 AM
Not sure those are actually authorized for cap since they aren't military style boots.
39-1 just says combat boots, without defining the term. It could be argued that Tac Boots were designed with SWAT/LE in mind, and are therefore 'Combat' boots.

I have seen a ton of people wear them at CAP activities, including Encampment...

mikeylikey

Zippers??  Lazy Man's laces I guess.  Me......I go with Velcro, can't get lazier than that!
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

IMO, I wouldn't wear some of the more sneaker looking tactical boots with the uniform.  Most Magnums look ok, but something like lilred36781's got is too much in my opinion.

The ABU could be an opportunity to get everyone in the same style boots though... which would be a good thing IMO.
Mike Johnston

afgeo4

Quote from: SarDragon on January 27, 2008, 07:11:28 AM
Quote from: CAPM 39-1, table 2-3, item 4Footwear (Combat Boots)
Black, with or without safety toe, plain rounded toe or rounded capped
toe with or without perforated seam. Zipper or elastic inserts optional,
smooth or scotch-grained leather or man-made material, and may have a
high gloss or patent finish.

Sez nothing about military. I wear what makes my feet feel good and also meets the requirements of the paragraph above.

Tags - MIKE
Umm... "Combat Boots" not "Tactical Boots" nor "Ballet Flats"
GEORGE LURYE

afgeo4

Quote from: lilred36781 on January 27, 2008, 03:48:59 PM
I know these boots wouldn't "fly" in the Air Force or any other branch. Given that you're going to wear them with the Air Force style uniforms... I wouldn't have purchased them.

I'm not telling you to go out and buy another pair of something else. Just letting you know that you should get a clear authority on items you're going to wear from your unit commander if you aren't 100% sure first.
GEORGE LURYE

Eclipse

Quote from: MIKE on January 28, 2008, 01:46:02 AM
The ABU could be an opportunity to get everyone in the same style boots though... which would be a good thing IMO.

((*sigh*))

One more thing I hadn't considered with the ABU.  For those of us who swear by jump boots I guess our days are numbered...

As to the tactical boot above, I have those as well, and prefer them from an over-all comfort standpoint, but don't like the look in the uniform, then really don't blouse correctly, but with that said, there's nothing wrong with them from a reg standpoint.

"That Others May Zoom"

afgeo4

Quote from: Eclipse on January 28, 2008, 03:40:21 AM
Quote from: MIKE on January 28, 2008, 01:46:02 AM

((*sigh*))

One more thing I hadn't considered with the ABU.  For those of us who swear by jump boots I guess our days are numbered...

As to the tactical boot above, I have those as well, and prefer them from an over-all comfort standpoint, but don't like the look in the uniform, then really don't blouse correctly, but with that said, there's nothing wrong with them from a reg standpoint.
Don't fret too much. Corchoran makes an AF sage green boot already.
GEORGE LURYE

Eclipse

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 28, 2008, 03:45:27 AM

SWEET!

"That Others May Zoom"

afgeo4

Quote from: Eclipse on January 28, 2008, 04:02:35 AM
Quote from: afgeo4 on January 28, 2008, 03:45:27 AM

SWEET!
They're Marauders:
GEORGE LURYE

BigMojo

I have the Bates "Tactical Boot" shown above. I wear them with my BDU's everytime. No one in my Squadron, from the Commander to our resident Full Bird Col. have any issue with them (I've asked). If I'm pounding pavement my foot's comfort is top priority. These boots are Black, High Top, and Shine-able. Other than the sole they don't look that much different than jungle boots, and I'm sorry, here in S. Florida, my feet need to breathe. I recommend them to everyone, at the end of a 5 mile hike for a SAREX, it's nice to relax rather than practice my moleskin patching skills.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

bricktonfire

Thank everybodie
and to think of it how did my boot have anything to do with the ABUS ??? ;D

ddelaney103

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 28, 2008, 03:32:28 AM
Quote from: lilred36781 on January 27, 2008, 03:48:59 PM
I know these boots wouldn't "fly" in the Air Force or any other branch. Given that you're going to wear them with the Air Force style uniforms... I wouldn't have purchased them.

I'm not telling you to go out and buy another pair of something else. Just letting you know that you should get a clear authority on items you're going to wear from your unit commander if you aren't 100% sure first.

I don't know anyone in the AF who would look twice at those boots - they're fine.

Heck, I've seen these worn in theater - they were bulk ordered for another unit:

Chucks have changed a little since I was young...