CLC Document Discrepancy

Started by RogueLeader, January 24, 2008, 05:51:35 AM

RiverAux

ODO? 

Don't see how they have the authority to approve a departure from a very specific regulation requiring a 2 day class. 

Eclipse

The reg doesn't say "will" it says "should".

As to what an "ODO" is, I have no idea, unless the guy in charge of Professional Development is a shape-shifter.

Most states have a DPD, as in Director of Professional Development.

The only person who can approve or disapprove whether a specific CLC or similiar class meets the requirments is the Wing CC, if he signs the Form 11, its a class.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

Quote from: Eclipse on January 29, 2008, 03:57:36 AM
And a wing could get nailed big time at the next CI (compliance inspection) for failure to hold an annual course; both SLS and CLC.  BTDT.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Camas on January 29, 2008, 05:34:38 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 29, 2008, 03:57:36 AM
And a wing could get nailed big time at the next CI (compliance inspection) for failure to hold an annual course; both SLS and CLC.  BTDT.

That was referring to a 1 or 2 day course, not on how often they are held.  If they are being held less than one a year, you bet that they need to get a "finding" on the CI.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

I still don't understand, after all the information that you have been given here, why you still want to do this class in one day. It's just not worth the savings of one night's lodging to subject your students (and instructors) to that environment.

Student interest wanes at about the six or seven hour point. Anything presented from that point on goes in and out without retention.

All personnel attending will have a drive to and from the class, making even longer days. I'd sure hate to hear that one of my students or staff wrecked their car because they were too tired to be on the road.

You are allowing zero time for any emergent situations. If there is an equipment failure, classroom problem, or instructor problem, you're stuck.

You are denying the students and staff valuable interaction time outside the classroom. I learned a great deal (as an instructor) at the Saturday night social function, when we all got to exchange ideas, experiences (and war stories), and ask questions in a more relaxed environment.

All in all, presenting CLC or SLS in your proposed format is a disservice to the students and staff, and a good way to sour everyone on spending their weekends doing Professional Development courses.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret