CAP-Agency vs CAP-Club - the real issue in Iowa

Started by cyclone, January 13, 2008, 02:15:18 AM

RogueLeader

Quote from: CASH172 on February 01, 2008, 04:59:34 AM
^But I think what most of us here wanna know is if the Gen truly does support the new guy, or if the appearance was just an appearance. 

From what I believe, it was some of this and some of that.  We all know that Iowa has had a rough couple of months.  I am firmly convinced that BG Courter is fully supportive of Col. Scheitzack, and that there are some- or were- rumors of Gross Negligence of the part of Col. Feggan (sp?) and that she was there to help calm things down.  I am fully confident that BG Courter knows what is going on, and can deal with the situations that she needs to deal with.  I also highly doubt that she would make an appearance- just for that sake alone.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: magoo on February 01, 2008, 04:13:05 AM
Are you suggesting it is a scandal that Brig Gen Courter attended this event? I say it is a mark of good leadership. Obviously Iowa is going through a rough time. Thankfully, the National Commander knows that and made a personal appearance to show she cares about the future of that wing.

No, what I was saying is that Courter's trying to put the best foot forward here. My issue was never who was selected, it was how it was done and the lousy way it was announced.

MG Courter's a former corporate executive. She has to know what kind of damage is done when a corporation leadership exhibits this kind of indecisiveness. In the corporate world it creates doubt in the leadership ability of the entire executive chain of command, loss of share value, loss of confidence by employees and sometimes inquiry by regulatory agencies.

Gee, kinda sounds familiar, don't it???

She had no choice but to attend. I do hope that she follows this up by doing whatever she can to fix the rift her Region Commander created between IAWG and the IAARNG.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

CadetProgramGuy

Are you suggesting it is a scandal that Brig Gen Courter attended this event? I say it is a mark of good leadership. Obviously Iowa is going through a rough time. Thankfully, the National Commander knows that and made a personal appearance to show she cares about the future of that wing.

Sorry I have been off the 'net for a while.

Simple answer....NO.  I don't feel that it is scandalous that BG Courtier came to Iowa.  Personal Opinion says that She came to town to support her Regional CC's Decision.  Nothing more.

She had no choice but to attend. I do hope that she follows this up by doing whatever she can to fix the rift her Region Commander created between IAWG and the IAARNG.

There is much more to this than anyone can realize.  The issues are much deeper than a 'fix'.  I falsly believed that there could be a solution to mending the relationship between CAP and IAANG, but after looking at the facts and given counseling from higher ranking officials, I now realize that the relationship is over.  It cannot be fixed.  My one year old daughter has a better chance of seeing this fix that I do.

Major Carrales

Oh such Drama...

Phrases like...

QuoteThere is much more to this than anyone can realize.  The issues are much deeper than a 'fix'.  I falsly believed that there could be a solution to mending the relationship between CAP and IAANG, but after looking at the facts and given counseling from higher ranking officials, I now realize that the relationship is over.  It cannot be fixed.  My one year old daughter has a better chance of seeing this fix that I do.

...serve no constructive purpose at this point.

I believe the consensus is that it is time to move beyond, rebuild and repair.  You are going to need to create new relationships and put this behind you.  The Iowa Experiment blazed new trails, those trails are not dead ends...unless you people insist on attitudes like "My one year old daughter has a better chance of seeing this fix that I do."

Dwelling on this serves no purpose.  It is high time that these threads were closed in favor of a "Rebuilding Iowa" thread.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Major Carrales

The Problem in Iowa isn't really "Is it to be "CAP-Club" or "CAP-Agency". The future of CAP hangs in the balance."  But rather that it failed because there was no CAP Distinctive uniform for "CAP AGENCY"

Behold...

The CAP Agency Uniform!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

PHall

Quote from: ZigZag911 on January 31, 2008, 04:46:53 AM
You know, in my admittedly limited experience (35 plus years) it is relatively rare for the national commander to preside personally over a wing change of command.....normally left to region CC, or even CV.

Interesting....

She was at the California Wing Change of Command too. Are you suggesting that she needed to hand hold our Region Commander after he selected our new Wing Commander too?

isuhawkeye

I think that this, Like all of the rest of the Iowa threads have out lived their usefulness. 

pixelwonk