Billy Mitchell Heritage Uniform.

Started by RogueLeader, December 15, 2007, 09:17:07 PM

ddelaney103

Quote from: Grumpy on December 16, 2007, 11:07:19 PM
After wearing a clip on for 29 years on the Sheriff's Dept., I see nothing wrong with it.

That's also a safety feature - no sense in tying a rope around you neck and allowing a perp to get ahold of it.

arajca

Here is more politically correct guide to tying a tie. Learn How to Tie a Tie

AlphaSigOU

I do know how to tie a tie... there are occasions where a clip-on is convenient.  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

ColonelJack

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 16, 2007, 11:16:22 PM
Also, why would a young girl need to know how to tie a tie?  In fact, other than what the AF is proposing there are very few instances in corporate society and society in general that require a woman to wear a mans tie.

You've obviously never seen Paula Poundstone in concert.

;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

mikeylikey

Quote from: ColonelJack on December 17, 2007, 02:21:05 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on December 16, 2007, 11:16:22 PM
Also, why would a young girl need to know how to tie a tie?  In fact, other than what the AF is proposing there are very few instances in corporate society and society in general that require a woman to wear a mans tie.

You've obviously never seen Paula Poundstone in concert.

;D

Jack

Got me there! 

Back to the heritage jacket......has anyone seen one walking around yet at a local AFB??
What's up monkeys?

star1151

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 17, 2007, 03:35:56 AM
Back to the heritage jacket......has anyone seen one walking around yet at a local AFB??

No.  In fact, I asked an AF friend about it tonight, and he claimed to have never heard about it.  But maybe he's just living under a rock.

Major Carrales

Quote from: star1151 on December 17, 2007, 03:38:44 AM

No.  In fact, I asked an AF friend about it tonight, and he claimed to have never heard about it.  But maybe he's just living under a rock.

Maybe it is a clear sign that uniforms are not tops on everyone's list.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

PHall

Considering that the wear test hasn't started yet, no, no one has seen it yet.

Best bet to see it would be in the DC area when the test starts next month.

Source = AF Link, AF Uniform Board Section

star1151

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 17, 2007, 03:45:11 AM
Quote from: star1151 on December 17, 2007, 03:38:44 AM

Maybe it is a clear sign that uniforms are not tops on everyone's list.

You're probably right.

do we have any idea will this be a ceremonial uniform or will it be the service dress?  Also when might we see it for us?  I'm thinking 2012 maybe?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ddelaney103

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on December 17, 2007, 07:55:24 PM
do we have any idea will this be a ceremonial uniform or will it be the service dress?  Also when might we see it for us?  I'm thinking 2012 maybe?

The jacket with tie and belt will replace the current Service Dress jacket.

The choker collar may become the basis of a new ceremonial uniform.  The USAF Band wears something like this.

sandman

Quote from: Grumpy on December 16, 2007, 11:07:19 PM
After wearing a clip on for 29 years on the Sheriff's Dept., I see nothing wrong with it.

No, nothing wrong with it. Ya kinda need it in LE as a neck cravat can work against you when a bad guy gets ahold of it! My tie has a velcro tab on the back....easy on, easy off, but looks like the "real thing" ;D

/r
LT
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

Falshrmjgr

Quote from: ddelaney103 on December 17, 2007, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on December 17, 2007, 07:55:24 PM

The jacket with tie and belt will replace the current Service Dress jacket.

The choker collar may become the basis of a new ceremonial uniform.  The USAF Band wears something like this.

Well if they aren't gonna use it...I think it would look shard with a "Heritage" CAP patch on the shoulder....  now if they'd just let us start bombing subs again....
Jaeger

"Some say there are only wolves, sheep, and sheepdogs in the world.  They forget the feral sheep."

do we have a picture of this uniform without the high collar?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Gunner C

Quote from: NewWaveKiller on December 16, 2007, 03:16:13 AM
For those of you who have not yet seen it, the one on the right is the Hap Arnold heritage coat:

The above on the right is the Hap Arnold uniform.  The latest I've seen has the traditional Air Corps branch insignia on the lapels. 

As for me, I think that the Billy Mitchell uniform type might be a good candidate for a corporate mess dress uniform --> put medals on it and it would look much better than the present busboy uniform.

Ok, so for the high collar is it a seperate jacket or it the same one?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

jimmydeanno

They are two separate jackets.

Option "A" on the left is the "Billy Mitchell Heritage Uniform" and is derived from this jacket:

Note the collar and medals.  IMO, this jacket would not look good on most of our members and definitely wouldn't look good on members of the female persuasion - it's about as flattering as a double-breasted coat on someone who has some weight.

Option "B" on the right is the "Henry Hap Arnold Hertitage Uniform" and is derived from this jacket:

Note the lapels and pockets.  The style of this one, IMO, is better, however, teh huge lapels and huge pockets would look horrible on people of smaller stature.  The belt will also over emphasize areas that most CAP members don't want to emphasize.  People with a "larger frame" that still meet our requirements would have their mid-section pointed out.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ddelaney103

Quote from: Gunner C on December 17, 2007, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: NewWaveKiller on December 16, 2007, 03:16:13 AM
For those of you who have not yet seen it, the one on the right is the Hap Arnold heritage coat:

The above on the right is the Hap Arnold uniform.  The latest I've seen has the traditional Air Corps branch insignia on the lapels. 

Yes and no.  The jacket slated for wear testing is based on that, but the lapels are a lot more modern.  I can't find a full picture (though I did post a link to a flash presentation above) but this detail picture shows the lapels:

So is it a pick and choose which one you want to wear?  Or will it be this shall be worn at this time and that shall be worn at this time?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ddelaney103

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on December 17, 2007, 09:12:19 PM
So is it a pick and choose which one you want to wear?  Or will it be this shall be worn at this time and that shall be worn at this time?

Again, there is only one uniform being wear tested - the "Hap Arnold" style jacket with belt with tie.

There is talk, but only talk, of adopting the choker collar "Billy Mitchell" style jacket as a ceremonial dress uniform.