Are these the right stuff? Where to get uniforms?

Started by skippytim, December 09, 2007, 09:34:20 AM

skippytim

I ordered my uniform from E-Services about a month ago and I'm just now finding out I shouldn't expect them until February...I need them in the next few weeks to promote...I figured I'd buy an extra pair; It's always nice to have 2 sets.

I posted a want ad in the marketplace here because I need trousers and a cadet cap; (I got a short sleeve shirt from one of my fellow cadets)

I was wondering if these are right:
http://cgi.ebay.com/32-R-USAF-AIR-FORCE-CLASS-A-DRESS-BLUE-1620-PANTS_W0QQitemZ350002075262QQihZ022QQcategoryZ104023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
http://cgi.ebay.com/US-AIR-FORCE-MENS-DRESS-BLUE-GARRISON-HAT-SIZE-7-1-2_W0QQitemZ350002075043QQihZ022QQcategoryZ36076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

If so/If Not;
Where can you buy a CAP Blues Uniform? Can you link me? How much should I be looking at...

Thanks

SStradley

I have ordered uniform parts from E-Bay and some were correct as described and usable for CAP and some were wrong.  Sometimes, my fault sometimes the sellers fault.  It is a gamble.  By the description the pants sound like they might be the right ones.  You do know that there two different colors of pants, and if you are going to get a service jacket the colors need to match.

Is there a USAF base near by that your unit has access to?  That is often the best option.

Here are two places to order what you need:
The Hock Shop  http://www.thehock.com/
and
Vanguard  http://www.vanguardmil.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=c4e4dfd2732840ac8a70de02dc2b521d

However, personally, I might gamble $13.00 on the pants.  However, if you do make sure your parents know the risk.
Scott Stradley Maj, CAP

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."  R.E. Lee

BillB

If any high schools have AFJROTC, you might talk to the NCO and explain the problem Often they have surplus uniform items that they ship to DRMO and as a CAP member you are eligible for them through your Squadron.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

mmouw

My wife just joined and we found 90% of everything on EBAY. You have to know what you are looking for, but we have everything from BDUs to mess dress. I have stopped buying from AAFES and watch EBAY. I also just listed a bunch of stuff for sale as well. I lost weight and needed to replace everything and get rid of what I had. It worked out great. I listed everything on EBAY as an Air Force item and Civil Air Patrol item. So when you do a search on Civil Air Patrol it shows up. I replaced everything that I sold as well. Completely replacing everything BDUs, flight suits/jacket, leather A2, service dress, and blues pants and shirts for around $150. It isn't an answer when you need something right away, but if you watch carefully you can find it.
Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

JCW0312

Quote from: skippytim on December 09, 2007, 09:34:20 AM
I ordered my uniform from E-Services about a month ago and I'm just now finding out I shouldn't expect them until February...I need them in the next few weeks to promote...I figured I'd buy an extra pair; It's always nice to have 2 sets.

I posted a want ad in the marketplace here because I need trousers and a cadet cap; (I got a short sleeve shirt from one of my fellow cadets)

I was wondering if these are right:
http://cgi.ebay.com/32-R-USAF-AIR-FORCE-CLASS-A-DRESS-BLUE-1620-PANTS_W0QQitemZ350002075262QQihZ022QQcategoryZ104023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
http://cgi.ebay.com/US-AIR-FORCE-MENS-DRESS-BLUE-GARRISON-HAT-SIZE-7-1-2_W0QQitemZ350002075043QQihZ022QQcategoryZ36076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

If so/If Not;
Where can you buy a CAP Blues Uniform? Can you link me? How much should I be looking at...

Thanks

These items appear to be correct. The flight cap has no silver edge, so it's made for enlisted (cadets in CAP). Good luck. I got most of my uniform items on ebay and lucked out - very few problems. You can strike out if you're not careful.

Also, keep in mind that military uniform sizes run small. I wear a 38 waist in civilian clothing, but my military 40's are quite snug.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

mdickinson

I would suggest instead of using ebay that you buy them from

www.olcnet.com

which is a CAP member who sells used uniform items and field gear.

I have gotten most of my blues uniforms, and all of my BDU stuff, from him, and they have all worked out great. Plus the prices are low (in some cases ridiculously low) so you will probably end up spending less than you would on ebay. And no risk of getting the wrong shade of blue, or wrong hat shape, etc.

good luck!

JCW0312

^ I second the recommnedation for olcnet.com. It's just sometimes hard to find your size (being surplus and all).
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

CadetProgramGuy

What about AAFES? I buy all my uniform stuff from there, so there is no question.

mikeylikey

If anyone needs a AAFES MCSS Catalog, PM me......I will order one to get shipped to your address through AAFES.  All I need is name, address, credit card info, blood type, social security # (JK)  name and address and I will order a copy for you.  Consider it an early x-mas gift.
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

Do they come with an up to date price list when you order 'em online?  IIRC the catalogs don't have pricing in 'em.
Mike Johnston

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: MIKE on December 10, 2007, 04:26:48 AM
Do they come with an up to date price list when you order 'em online?  IIRC the catalogs don't have pricing in 'em.

Gives the prices right on the website.

JCW0312

Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: JCW0312 on December 10, 2007, 06:51:26 AM
^Some of us can't get into the AAFES website.  :(

Which is a shane.  Here is what I found in about 20 mintes of research.

JCW0312

$11.60 is a real good price for a short sleeve blues shirt. You wouldn't happen to know how much the long sleeves are, would you?
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

FlyingTerp

Quote from: mdickinson on December 09, 2007, 06:07:25 PM
I would suggest instead of using ebay that you buy them from

www.olcnet.com

which is a CAP member who sells used uniform items and field gear.

I have gotten most of my blues uniforms, and all of my BDU stuff, from him, and they have all worked out great. Plus the prices are low (in some cases ridiculously low) so you will probably end up spending less than you would on ebay. And no risk of getting the wrong shade of blue, or wrong hat shape, etc.

good luck!

I placed an order with www.olcnet.com this week and just received it.  Incredible service and value!  I highly recommend them if they have the gear and size you need.

BTW - After all the discussions about service caps, that is what I ordered.  I never even thought of getting one.  After all the threads pro and con, I figured I'd pick one up for formal events.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: JCW0312 on December 10, 2007, 06:39:10 PM
$11.60 is a real good price for a short sleeve blues shirt. You wouldn't happen to know how much the long sleeves are, would you?

M202F, Blue Long Sleeve Shirt - Polyester / Cotton
Price...$13.70 

CadetProgramGuy

With enough prodding, I could be talked into taking orders (opens self to alot of work) plus a small mark up for shipping and trouble........

OR....

I can tell you that all I do is go to the ANG BX / PX and place an order.  I usually can have it in the following week.