Main Menu

Nomex Bags

Started by SARMedTech, December 06, 2007, 04:32:19 PM

SARMedTech

I just located a company called Public Safety Unlimited that offers what they call "sage" green nomex flight suits at much lower cost than I have seen them anywhere else. I have no need for one but thought those that do might like to know.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

FlyingTerp

http://store.publicsafetyunlimited.com/pr5115.html

Googled it.  $139

EDIT: Ooops, didn't see the link above ^.  Still a good deal for a new bag.

RiverAux

Most places I've looked at flight suits use the chest size for ordering while this one uses the waist size.  I wonder if that might be a problem. 

SarDragon

Well, if the waist fits, more likely than not, the chest will fit.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARMedTech

Im a ground pounder not a fly boy, but I wanted to give flight crews a heads up on a possible source for less expensive nomex bags. Hope its helpful.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

O-Rex

I gotta think that the waist size is a misnomer: Propper-brand bags go by chest size.

IceNine

What manufacturer does the RM use?

I've been looking and it seems that the propper bags are off color,  whereas flightsuits.com seem a little dark.

I just don't want to spend all the money for something that looks ridiculous, and holds up even worse.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mikeylikey

Quote from: IceNine on December 15, 2007, 10:15:10 PM

I've been looking and it seems that the propper bags are off color,  whereas flightsuits.com seem a little dark.

I just don't want to spend all the money for something that looks ridiculous, and holds up even worse.

Propper.  However, there are some places that sell the propper items that were rejected by DSCP, and returned to Propper.  Then Propper sells them to the general public.  It is a terrible practice on their part.  That may be why you saw color variations.
What's up monkeys?

SARMedTech

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 15, 2007, 10:56:56 PM
Quote from: IceNine on December 15, 2007, 10:15:10 PM

Propper.  However, there are some places that sell the propper items that were rejected by DSCP, and returned to Propper.  Then Propper sells them to the general public.  It is a terrible practice on their part.  That may be why you saw color variations.

If Propper were selling nomex bags with CAP logos on them to the general public, that would not be good. But I know a few pilots who wear Propper brand flight suits and am not sure what the problem is with them being available to the general public.
"Corpsman Up!"