Looking Like A Team

Started by ColonelJack, December 03, 2007, 02:09:38 PM

SARMedTech

I used the Kestrel as an example. I own one myself and its a constant in my pack. I guess I was using to illustrate folks carrying gear they have no idea how to use.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

SStradley

Quote from: SARMedTech on December 12, 2007, 06:51:10 PM
I used the Kestrel as an example. I own one myself and its a constant in my pack. I guess I was using to illustrate folks carrying gear they have no idea how to use.

SARMedTech,

I never cared for the shape of the Kestrel, but my kit has a Lightfoot DA.  Would I be a poser if I took my Ultratech on a SAR mission?  If I have my dress pants on I have a UTX-70.  If it is Jeans or BDUs then the aformentened Lightfoot or a UMS (which is just a LUDT with a safety).

Tell us the story of the Kestrel saving your life.  Did the shape play a roll?
Scott Stradley Maj, CAP

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."  R.E. Lee

flyguy06

I say have two types of uniforms. The USAF Blue uniform and or BDU's (cadets are not required to wear BDU's) and the civilian grey pants and white aviator shirt for those that dont meet the weight and heigth standards.
Forget about the other uniforms.

SARMedTech

Quote from: SStradley on December 12, 2007, 08:07:31 PM

SARMedTech,

I never cared for the shape of the Kestrel, but my kit has a Lightfoot DA.  Would I be a poser if I took my Ultratech on a SAR mission?  If I have my dress pants on I have a UTX-70.  If it is Jeans or BDUs then the aformentened Lightfoot or a UMS (which is just a LUDT with a safety).

Im not sure what you mean, Major. Ive yet to have the Kestrel save my life, I was simply using it as an example of pricey equipment that some members buy and dont have the slightest idea how to use.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

pixelwonk

SStradley

Quote from: SARMedTech on December 13, 2007, 01:53:15 AM
Quote from: SStradley on December 12, 2007, 08:07:31 PM

SARMedTech,

Im not sure what you mean, Major. Ive yet to have the Kestrel save my life, I was simply using it as an example of pricey equipment that some members buy and dont have the slightest idea how to use.

SARMedTech,

Just playing with the MicroTech theme.  Also it was Eclipse who used a Kestrel to save his life not you. My bad.

Tedda,

Sorry for the topic drift.  I will try to do better.

On topic content:  I think the root word of Uniform is uniform.  If we don't look uniform then we don't look like we are in Uniform  or we look like a "pick-up sandlot team".
Scott Stradley Maj, CAP

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."  R.E. Lee

Dragoon

Yup.  But as long as we focus our uniforms on "what makes the individual look/feel good" instead of "what makes the team look/feel good", we'll continue to have the problem.

Optional standards are not standards at all.