Proper uniform for attending interagency classroom training

Started by RiverAux, November 29, 2007, 08:51:06 PM

Dustoff

Jim

afgeo4

Quote from: JCW0312 on December 01, 2007, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on December 01, 2007, 06:38:30 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on November 30, 2007, 06:05:53 PM
I would go with the blues without ribbons for a classroom setting. It would be impressive to see a "volunteer" show up in an Air Force uniform vs. just another guy in a polo shirt. Dont compare it to what EMS/Police wear.  because we as Police/Fire usually only have ONE uniform to begin with.

I'm guessing you don't mean that the officers of the NYPD have one uniform combination... They have more than the USAF does. Sweatshirt and jeans not being one of them.

Most departments have at least 2 combinations - duty uniform and "class A".
There are also hot weather combinations, cold weather combinations, windbreakers, sweat shirts/t-shirts, tactical, bicycle patrol uniforms, motorcycle unit uniforms, mounted, air, etc.
GEORGE LURYE

JCW0312

Quote from: afgeo4 on December 10, 2007, 03:11:19 AM
Quote from: JCW0312 on December 01, 2007, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on December 01, 2007, 06:38:30 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on November 30, 2007, 06:05:53 PM
I would go with the blues without ribbons for a classroom setting. It would be impressive to see a "volunteer" show up in an Air Force uniform vs. just another guy in a polo shirt. Dont compare it to what EMS/Police wear.  because we as Police/Fire usually only have ONE uniform to begin with.

I'm guessing you don't mean that the officers of the NYPD have one uniform combination... They have more than the USAF does. Sweatshirt and jeans not being one of them.

Most departments have at least 2 combinations - duty uniform and "class A".
There are also hot weather combinations, cold weather combinations, windbreakers, sweat shirts/t-shirts, tactical, bicycle patrol uniforms, motorcycle unit uniforms, mounted, air, etc.

Very true. That's why I said "at least". I know my department has patrol (which includes short sleeve and long sleeve), tactical, bicycle, motorcycle, and K-9. Larger departments have many more.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

CadetProgramGuy