Common Uniform Infractions?

Started by Snake Doctor, November 29, 2007, 07:55:51 PM

RogueLeader

I have also been told that there was a policy letter authorizing black web belts.  It disappeared shortly after, but never rescinded.  I do not have copy of said policy though.

BTW, I wear a blue belt w/ subdued buckle.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

What if you wear one of these;D  Comes in blue with a sududed and open faced buckle.

Edit: Awww boo.  :(

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table Table 2-3.3 Belt and Buckle Dark blue, 1 1/4-inch woven cotton web, solid or woven elastic belt
with black metal tip end and plain (open faced) black buckle. Black tip
may extend up to 1 inch beyond the buckle, facing to the wearer's left
(men) or facing wearer's right or left (women).

Mike Johnston

SARMedTech

Quote from: MIKE on December 15, 2007, 03:16:23 PM
What if you wear one of these;D  Comes in blue with a sududed and open faced buckle.

Edit: Awww boo.  :(

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table Table 2-3.3 Belt and Buckle Dark blue, 1 1/4-inch woven cotton web, solid or woven elastic belt
with black metal tip end and plain (open faced) black buckle. Black tip
may extend up to 1 inch beyond the buckle, facing to the wearer's left
(men) or facing wearer's right or left (women).

A little off topic, but I wear that belt in the version made by 5.11 with my IMERT uniform. A fantastic belt, though the 5.11 in my opinion is superior because it has velcro which allows the belt to lay flat against your waist instead of sticking out the side as this poor chap is wearing his. The reason I mention this "rigger" type belt is because I have found that for EMS/Rescue it allows for things to be hung from the belt without it pulling the belt out of shape because the nylon canvas is so thick. I generally wear a holster with EMT sheers, flashlight, etc and a carabiner to hold my leather gloves and the 5.11 stands up very well. It also has a buckle which I think must have been made on a force. Talk about wearing a weapon. The buckle itself weighs in at about 8 oz.

I only deviate into what i wear for another organization because I have tinkered around with other belts and found the 5.11 rigger to be superior in every way. Just be aware that if you undo your belt for any reason, as in to retuck your shirt, hold onto your pants or the weight of the buckle with have them around your ankles. Or so Ive heard.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

SARMedTech

Quote from: JCW0312 on November 30, 2007, 06:00:40 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on November 30, 2007, 05:42:37 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on November 30, 2007, 04:19:21 AM
2.  Wearing things people shouldn't, like berets.  Usually for one reason only, because they think they look cool.

Heck yeah!  Can't beat it!

Say it isn't so. Please tell me you found some random person at the grocery store and asked her to put on a uniform & beret for a funny picture.

One that drives me up the wall, especially when I work with NG folks...improper wear of the beret. Is it that hard. While I didnt take the photo out before posting this, I think I would have blacked out the face of this member before posting.  But whats worse is the person standing next to the member in BDUs. Is that supposed to be a golf shirt uniform? Good Lord.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."