california/Nevada wing Encampment

Started by fm8891, August 04, 2005, 05:31:40 AM

fm8891

Are there Any Cadets out there going to this Encampment ? It's Only A few days away!!!!!!!
By the way I am relatively New, I am C/A1C Molly hurt.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

fm8891

Thanks!  By the way I am back from this encampment and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any questions about it?

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

fm8891

THE WHOLE THING!  I will have to say that the best part was the teamwork.  Before I went to encampment I set a goal for myself,  to be the honor cadet.  And out of 156 basics, I got it.  But I don't really care anymore about individual awards,  I could care less what I got, I really care about what my flight got.  Charlie Flight got the barracks excellence award!!!!!  I cannot believe how much teamwork and dedication there was.

The rifle range was awesome, as well as the chinook ride and the LRC and the o course and ETC....

I really grew a lot as a team player.

Pylon

Quote from: fm8891 on September 04, 2005, 06:04:20 AM
THE WHOLE THING!  I will have to say that the best part was the teamwork.  Before I went to encampment I set a goal for myself,  to be the honor cadet.  And out of 156 basics, I got it.  But I don't really care anymore about individual awards,  I could care less what I got, I really care about what my flight got.  Charlie Flight got the barracks excellence award!!!!!  I cannot believe how much teamwork and dedication there was.

The rifle range was awesome, as well as the chinook ride and the LRC and the o course and ETC....

I really grew a lot as a team player.

It's always good to hear people talk about their excellent encampment experiences.  Be sure to encourage incoming cadets to your squadron to attend the next encampment.  Hearing positive stories from those that have been there is a big help in getting cadets to an encampment.  And, subsequently, getting new cadets to an encampment is a big help in retention rates. 

Congratulations on your honor cadet award.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

fm8891

Yeah,  there were a few cadets that weren't able to make it this year and I told them that they really needed to go.  I was also frustrated with this one cadet who was going to go and then the day before we left he told us he didn't have enough uniform items.  Frustrating, because if he had told us sooner we would have been able to get him some things.  It really was an awesome experience.  I would have to also say that one of the other best moments was marching out onto the parade field; I was the 100th Cts. guidon bearer (!00th leads the way!!) and being as we were the first squadron (101 and 102 came in behind us) I was basically in front of the entire parade.  I did not really realize it util my squdron commander told me to look behind me.  I looked back and saw erevy single basic cadet as well as the atf cadets and all of the flight staffs following me.  It was the most awesomely humbling thing, wow.

Btw thanks!

skandalintegra

Haha, I know this is an oooold thread, but I'm pretty sure I met the threadmaker at 2006 CPC?  No way to really tell but yeah the last name is the same.
C/1st Lt Daniel Jackson
California Wing

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: skandalintegra on February 26, 2006, 09:25:47 AM
Haha, I know this is an oooold thread, but I'm pretty sure I met the threadmaker at 2006 CPC?  No way to really tell but yeah the last name is the same.

Haha, same here, but not exactly met, just saw.

fm8891

Well, I can't say for sure but I might have met you ( skandalintegra) at CPC as well.  When did I see you? And what was your name?

skandalintegra

C/1st Lt Daniel Jackson
California Wing