Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2017, 09:59:29 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Show Yourself!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Print
Author Topic: Show Yourself!  (Read 147284 times)
NIN
VIP

Unit: of issue

« Reply #800 on: November 01, 2016, 07:44:56 AM »

They have to roar two more times ... tonight and tomorrow night!

Bob, I didn't know you were a Cubs fan!

Anybody west of Sandusky is a Cubs fan this week. And a few of us transplanted from there.

(full disclosure: grew up on the Tigers, now I live in Red Sox Nation. So the Indians and Yankees are mortal enemies)
Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
ProdigalJim
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-VA-082

Aviation Week
« Reply #801 on: November 01, 2016, 12:12:27 PM »

They have to roar two more times ... tonight and tomorrow night!

Bob, I didn't know you were a Cubs fan!

Anybody west of Sandusky is a Cubs fan this week. And a few of us transplanted from there.

(full disclosure: grew up on the Tigers, now I live in Red Sox Nation. So the Indians and Yankees are mortal enemies)

And a few of us east of Sandusky as well...  :D

Since my beloved Nats couldn't pull it off, I'm crossing my fingers for the Cubs...who have just been flat out-played for this series by the Tribe, for the most part.
Jim Mathews, Maj., CAP
Deputy Commander
VAWG Group 3
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #802 on: November 08, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »

- free coffee at 7-11

- 1/2-off sandwich at Subway and a free movie rental (T-Mobile Tuesday)

- riding the bike on Nov 8th

Oh, yeah...I voted too...

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #803 on: December 25, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=1

Yeaaaah Buddy!   Gonna do my part this CY to bring those AFAM numbers up!

The contents of this post are Copyright © 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

LATORRECA
Forum Regular

« Reply #804 on: December 25, 2016, 06:24:46 PM »

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=1

Yeaaaah Buddy!   Gonna do my part this CY to bring those AFAM numbers up!

How are they? Looking foward for some still looking in the market. Like the price range. How's quality.

Carlos
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #805 on: December 26, 2016, 10:09:01 PM »

How are they? Looking foward for some still looking in the market. Like the price range. How's quality.

I can't say for sure until I get into a plane, but they feel like a tank, more so even then the venerable Dave Clarks.
They appear to take the term "rugged" seriously.

Passive noise cancellation seems great, they fit my huge cranium with room to spare, and the secondary
audio input seems to work fine (this will be great for everything from Tangerine Dream to more likely, monitoring a second
radio).

If they turn out to be as good as they appear to be after a flight test, we will probably buy a couple of these for the squadron
to avoid the "headset dance" every time cadets or new aircrew fly.

etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #806 on: December 26, 2016, 11:45:21 PM »

..... (this will be great for everything from Tangerine Dream to more likely, monitoring a second
radio).

Wow.  Take me back to the '70s. Pioneer amp pushing some JBLs with 15" woofers. Sitting in the dark and Tangerine Dream taking me places for hours on end.

So long ago ....
etodd

« Reply #807 on: February 10, 2017, 05:43:42 PM »

OK, I'll brag on myself a little. Passed my first Form 91 today, so I'm officially a Mission Pilot now. Took 16 months since I joined, of waiting for this step and then another, and then another .... but it all paid off. :)
ProdigalJim
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-VA-082

Aviation Week
« Reply #808 on: February 10, 2017, 09:37:12 PM »

OK, I'll brag on myself a little. Passed my first Form 91 today, so I'm officially a Mission Pilot now. Took 16 months since I joined, of waiting for this step and then another, and then another .... but it all paid off. :)

Congrats! That's always a big milestone. And depending on your Wing's ops tempo, it can triple your time commitment! :-)
Jim Mathews, Maj., CAP
Deputy Commander
VAWG Group 3
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...
Toad1168
Forum Regular

Unit: NCR-MO-110

« Reply #809 on: February 14, 2017, 02:51:07 PM »

I can't say for sure until I get into a plane, but they feel like a tank, more so even then the venerable Dave Clarks.
They appear to take the term "rugged" seriously.

Passive noise cancellation seems great, they fit my huge cranium with room to spare, and the secondary
audio input seems to work fine (this will be great for everything from Tangerine Dream to more likely, monitoring a second
radio).

If they turn out to be as good as they appear to be after a flight test, we will probably buy a couple of these for the squadron
to avoid the "headset dance" every time cadets or new aircrew fly.

So what's the verdict on the Rugged headset?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Capt. Mike Toedebusch, CAP
Spaatz Award 1168 - 1 June 1993
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #810 on: February 18, 2017, 11:44:33 PM »

So would I.  I had an opportunity to test them today and possibly fly the return leg
after O-rides and when I went to the spot they should have been, the cupboard was bare.

Valhalla heard the expletives, and at this point they are still AWOL.  I am hopeful they are "in a pile"
or someone in the house "put them away for me" (as people do), but as of right now, quite literally NO JOY.

!@#$%!

Toad1168
Forum Regular

Unit: NCR-MO-110

« Reply #811 on: February 21, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »

So would I.  I had an opportunity to test them today and possibly fly the return leg
after O-rides and when I went to the spot they should have been, the cupboard was bare.

Valhalla heard the expletives, and at this point they are still AWOL.  I am hopeful they are "in a pile"
or someone in the house "put them away for me" (as people do), but as of right now, quite literally NO JOY.

!@#$%!

;D ;D
Capt. Mike Toedebusch, CAP
Spaatz Award 1168 - 1 June 1993
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #812 on: May 18, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »

Watch out NATCAPWG - Eclipse is in the house!!!

(Could it be just a little hotter?  Seriously?)

dwb

« Reply #813 on: May 18, 2017, 08:10:22 PM »

Tell me about it!

A few days ago it was nice. Now it is just oppressively hot. The thermometer in my car read 100 today. :-\
Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #814 on: May 19, 2017, 10:20:50 AM »

Tell me about it!

A few days ago it was nice. Now it is just oppressively hot. The thermometer in my car read 100 today. :-\

It's 44 today in Chicago after 80s yesterday!
zippity
Recruit

Unit: Metric

« Reply #815 on: May 19, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »

Watch out NATCAPWG - Eclipse is in the house!!!

Waving hello from VAWG, and yes this is what happens when you build a big city in a swamp.  :D  Temps are supposed to be cooler tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Show Yourself!