What Types of Missions Does Your Wing Do?

Started by Nick Critelli, July 09, 2005, 01:09:06 PM

Nick Critelli

Please consider adding a forum devoted to briefing us on actual missions  and operations  which the various Wings are involved.  As our Wing's the Gov.Rel. officer, I am always asked about the different type of missions/operations CAP can perform for the State.  Hearing what others are doing would let us know what others are doing and give us an forum  for exchange ideas.

arajca

Col,
CAP just had a unique mission from the AF. Contact Malcom Kaiser (DOK) at National about it. It was truly out-of-the-ordinary and could result in a new agreement and mission type with the AF. I can't go into detail here because of FOUO restrictions.

Pylon

Sir, welcome to CAPTalk and thank you for your feedback.  I certainly can see the benefit of sharing the types of missions other CAP units perform around the U.S., as they seem to vary greatly from Wing to Wing.

We already have a section of CAPTalk devoted to "Emergency Services and Operations" under which this topic would fall.  I'll move this thread there and pin it to the top of the board, which should attract more members to post about their missions.  Hopefully, we'll have a good response.

Thank you again for the suggestion!  Post away, Ops gurus!  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Nick Critelli

Thanks  for all who have replied.  Here in Iowa we just completed a six day SAR for a missing child.  Law enforcement brought in nationally known professional search managers  who were  used as  the  Planning Section chiefs.  CAP was involved in the traditional air/ground manner.  After our air ops concluded, we were asked to remain and help staff the ICS.  We provided the air-branch director, ground branch director, safety director and Mission Information/Agency Liaison officer. 

I am sure that other larger Wings routinely provide ICS directors but this was a first for our Wing.   We are now thinking about forming  a  "crisis advance team"  to help  local law enforcement  in setting up the ICS in similar situations.  For us, this constitutes another CAP emergency product to provide the state  in addition to our traditional air and ground capabilities.