Main Menu

Hmmmmmm

Started by isuhawkeye, October 20, 2007, 01:49:50 PM

isuhawkeye

mikeylikey

I watched..................there is a written test to become nationally certified SAR volunteers??  Never heard of that.
What's up monkeys?

isuhawkeye

NASAR SAR Tech III Is simply a written exam

mikeylikey

^ got it!  Thanks.  I am a bit surprised to see the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps "bully" into our field.  JK!
What's up monkeys?

_

SARTECH 3 is pretty much our GES.  They were probably doing SARTECH 2 (GTM3 and 2) which is a 170 question written test and multiple practical stations.

MIKE

Come up with a more descriptive topic title please... I will edit it accordingly.  IIRC this clip has been posted before.
Mike Johnston

JC004

The alzheimer's patient was "found disoriented"?  Well, that's a strange state in which to find an alzheimer's patient...   ::)   Silly news people.

♠SARKID♠

Do those SAR Tech exams require a classroom element? Or can anybody just take the test and get certified?

_

You can take any of the evaluations without formal NASAR classroom time. 

I took the SARTECH 2 exam after just going through their book.  the SARTECH 3 test can be done online through the NASAR.org site.  There is a $50 admin fee.  I wouldn't bother.  Go for SARTECH 2.  If you pass the written you get SARTECH 3 whether you pass the practicals or not.  You can find where testing is being done near you on the web site.  You definitely at least want to look through their book before going for SARTECH 2.  And there is also the $50 fee plus any fee the evaluator might have.

isuhawkeye

love the NASAR discussion, but there are several threads on that topic