Main Menu

CAP on Fox News

Started by Stonewall, October 02, 2007, 02:48:34 AM

D242

I was disappointed to see that the thread about Lt Col Ryan's more recent interactions with the media got locked, at least before any of the more articulate posters here had a chance to respond to "Civilian Pilot".

Just browsing the board, looking for any other information on the topic, and I have to admit I got quite a chuckle out of this quote:

QuoteIf a MIO repeatedly disregards uniform regulations, how can I entrust them to share the facts that are appropriate, and withhold news that hasn't been approved for release yet?

Civilian_Pilot

Quote from: D242 on August 02, 2008, 12:44:12 PM
I was disappointed to see that the thread about Lt Col Ryan's more recent interactions with the media got locked, at least before any of the more articulate posters here had a chance to respond to "Civilian Pilot".

Just browsing the board, looking for any other information on the topic, and I have to admit I got quite a chuckle out of this quote:

QuoteIf a MIO repeatedly disregards uniform regulations, how can I entrust them to share the facts that are appropriate, and withhold news that hasn't been approved for release yet?

Indeed

JohnKachenmeister

Ryan's out-of-date uniform was an INTERNAL problem.  Media people are clueless about military uniforms.  Most of them can't tell the difference between the Army and the Marines, when they are up close and personal with a soldier with "U.S. Army" sewn over his pocket.  I have been asked several times by "reporters" how long I had been in the Marines while wearing Army BDU's.

(And Col. Jack wonders why I have no respect for "Journalists."  How can they write a story when they can't even read what is written on my shirt?)

WE all noticed that her insignia was years out of date.  That caused us to laugh at her, sort of like the amusement derived from a doddering old man trying to use a computer.  The media, on the other hand, neither noticed nor cared.
Another former CAP officer