Main Menu

101 cards

Started by PWK-GT, June 24, 2005, 05:06:54 AM

PWK-GT

I just got my e-services ES testing completed--all 6 tests. I have the correct color paper to print the 101 card, but does anybody know how clear the uploaded pictures are? Also, can you just paste on a 'passport' photo--or is that verboten?? I assume if it is laminated, nobody cares?
Also, do you just cut off the code/ glossary on the far right side, or does this thing get folded a certain way?
Thanks to all......
"Is it Friday yet"

Pylon

Quote from: griggs5113 on June 24, 2005, 05:06:54 AM
I just got my e-services ES testing completed--all 6 tests. I have the correct color paper to print the 101 card, but does anybody know how clear the uploaded pictures are? Also, can you just paste on a 'passport' photo--or is that verboten?? I assume if it is laminated, nobody cares?
Also, do you just cut off the code/ glossary on the far right side, or does this thing get folded a certain way?
Thanks to all......

Well, I don't believe there is any right or wrong way on this, except maybe what happens to be the way most people do it.   There's definitely no reg that says what type of picture to put on it or what way to fold it.  Do it what looks best, unless there's a local SOP that's more specific.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Pace

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that pasting a photo on your 101 card may not be kosher.  Currently, squadron commanders have to approve pictures that are uploaded to e-services to make sure they meet uniform standards and common decency.  I guess the way around that is to get your Sq/CC's blessing if you want to laminate a pic onto your 101 card.

As for the glossary, I fold mine back so that I have it in case I need it, even though I have most ratings memorized.  I also fold my 101 card to where it's the size of the membership card so lamination is not an option for me.
Lt Col, CAP

arajca

You should upload your photo to eServices. After your commander approves it (yes, Cadet Doe has natural pink hair and purple eyes  ;D), it will print out on the CAPF 101.

As for laminating/folding, I cut the card out along the printed borders, removing the definitions, folded it so the face is full (the front and back are different widths) and laminated it. I keep the definitions in my wallet in case I need them.

PWK-GT

OK---but as before, "What kind of quality does the uploaded picture end up with --with that orange-ish paper?"

Jim
"Is it Friday yet"

whatevah

everybody I've seen uses white paper.  I think that's the standard for the new cards, now.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

SarDragon

There are tricks available to print a yellow background on white paper, but they require Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Illustrator, not the cheapest programs.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Actually, you can do it with Reader and Paint Shop Pro.
Use the image selection tool in Reader, copy the card, paste into Pain Shop Pro (or othre graphic editing program) and fill the background with the appropriate shade of yellow. Print on card stock and presto! yellow CAPF 101.

The picture is 72 dpi, I think. Web standard.

Pace

The Louisiana Wing uses their own version of the 101 card.  It's blue, but it doesn't have the different levels of IC, AL, and GT.  They also incorporate the CAPF 76 (? - radio operator's permit) onto the LAWG 101 card.
Lt Col, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: dcpacemaker on June 25, 2005, 12:49:12 AM
The Louisiana Wing uses their own version of the 101 card.  It's blue, but it doesn't have the different levels of IC, AL, and GT.  They also incorporate the CAPF 76 (? - radio operator's permit) onto the LAWG 101 card.

Do LAWG members also carry a CAPF 101, in addition to their LAWGF 101?

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Pylon on June 25, 2005, 12:50:50 AM
Quote from: dcpacemaker on June 25, 2005, 12:49:12 AM

Do LAWG members also carry a CAPF 101, in addition to their LAWGF 101?

Nope... and they used to be pink!  Ack!
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

BlueLakes1

KYWG still issues a blue card, but it's a standard 101 card. Nothing special.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

PWK-GT

Ahhhhhhh, standardization!!
It appears (at least in GLR) that every fiefdom has it's own policy. My CO gave me the yellow paper to use, my Group ES officer said use a passport photo if I want- he'll laminate it, and other states in the Region use their own colors.........YIPPEE! ::)
"Is it Friday yet"

Cadet Bonnett

the cards can only be found on e-services rihgt. If so... What am i supppose to do. My computer isnot working and i can't get my password to work.
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

PWK-GT

Do you have any friends w/ a functioning computer / printer? You can still input your CAP ID / password and print off of theirs......
;D
However, any issues you have with a bad password still need to be addressed. Is it because of your computer? Or is it something else......
"Is it Friday yet"

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: griggs5113 on June 26, 2005, 02:33:17 AM
Do you have any friends w/ a functioning computer / printer? You can still input your CAP ID / password and print off of theirs......
;D
However, any issues you have with a bad password still need to be addressed. Is it because of your computer? Or is it something else......
to be honest i don't know. I have tried on 8 diffrent computers and nothing seems to work. I have tried every password i have for everything else and nothing is working. It is so confusing. I just can't seem to make it work. I have tried several things. I trie to log on with my friends cellphone and that doesn't even work. I don't know what to do.
  I even tried logging on for the NH Wing Web Site and that doesn't even work...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Pylon

Quote from: Christin on June 26, 2005, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: griggs5113 on June 26, 2005, 02:33:17 AM
;D
to be honest i don't know. I have tried on 8 diffrent computers and nothing seems to work. I have tried every password i have for everything else and nothing is working. It is so confusing. I just can't seem to make it work. I have tried several things. I trie to log on with my friends cellphone and that doesn't even work. I don't know what to do.
  I even tried logging on for the NH Wing Web Site and that doesn't even work...

Sounds like it has nothing to do with your computer and everything to do with not knowing your password.

Like it says right there on the website at capnhq.gov, Contact the CAP Webmaster (webmaster@capnhq.gov) for password assistance.  I suggest trying that.

Skyray

I just dug up two ES qualification cards of mine, one "Expires 1997" from Florida. and one "Expires 1999" from North Carolina. They are both on the yellow stock and laminated with picture. I didn't laminate either one of them.  They are virtually identical, except North Carolina blacked out what you didn't have, and Florida circled what you did have.  Both were issued in this form, complete with picture, by the Wing ES officer.  Things have probably changed.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Cadet Bonnett

if you didn't laminate them then who exactly did...
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

arajca

Until recently, the yellow, hand assembled/marked CAPF 101 were the standard. Colorado does not recognize them (iaw National policies) as valid. Only the white, computer generated ones are recognized in CO.

Wings used to laminate the CAPF 101's when they made them up.