Main Menu

medic bags

Started by isuhawkeye, August 20, 2007, 10:43:55 PM

isuhawkeye

I know similar topics have been posted before, but I couldn't find them.

What does everyone carry for a first aid kit?

Heres Mine

JohnKachenmeister

I carry a small commercial one that I gutted out the stuff I didn't need and added stuff, like extra 4x4's, that I did need, and I keep it on my survival vest.

My aircrew survival vest + Gall's street pro equipment bag with CAP forms and stuff in it = my 24-hour pack.

The team kit is a lot more extensive, as is the one in the aircraft.
Another former CAP officer

Stonewall

Here's mine.  Blackhawk "Special Operations Medic Bag".  Got it free.

If I'm humping a ruck sack in CAP, as in my 72hr gear, I'll use the Combat Lifesaver Bag.  Here is an excellent link to the CLS bag and its contents:  http://www.usamma.army.mil/documents/NEW%20COMBAT%20LIFESAVER%20BAG%20(21SEP06).pdf

Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 20, 2007, 10:43:55 PM
I know similar topics have been posted before, but I couldn't find them.

What does everyone carry for a first aid kit?

Heres Mine

Is that a bottle of nitro there next to the trauma shears?

I don't see it in there, but you should try to acquire a manual BP cuff to use along with that stethescope.

Especially if that is nitro  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Stonewall

I bet they're water purificaiton tablets.  With that strobelight there, it looks like a combo first aid/survival kit.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Stonewall-

You pick  on me about be a medical battle rattler?  Its on now! Im getting Blackhawk's Enhanced ALICE for my med kit  ;).

Where's your defib,  brother?
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on August 21, 2007, 01:01:48 AM
Where's your defib,  brother?

Used to carry one.  While I got away with a lot of "free" or "donated" gear from my gig in DC, an AED was not something I could accidentally throw in a box when I cleaned out my locker.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Thats funny. Mine fell off the back of a truck. Is the epi pen for cadets who fall asleep during table-tops?
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on August 21, 2007, 01:10:45 AM
Is the epi pen for cadets who fall asleep during table-tops?

When I got that epi-pen, I got a set of 3.  I had my med kit on the floor with everything spread out so I could organize it before putting it into my bag.  I fell asleep and when I woke up, some gauze, an ice pack and an epi-pen had been mauled by my dog.  There was no "juice" left in the pen, so I'm guess my dog ran a marathon in my house while I slept.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Stonewall on August 21, 2007, 01:20:20 AM
Quote from: SARMedTech on August 21, 2007, 01:10:45 AM
Is the epi pen for cadets who fall asleep during table-tops?

When I got that epi-pen, I got a set of 3.  I had my med kit on the floor with everything spread out so I could organize it before putting it into my bag.  I fell asleep and when I woke up, some gauze, an ice pack and an epi-pen had been mauled by my dog.  There was no "juice" left in the pen, so I'm guess my dog ran a marathon in my house while I slept.

I know your using it for a "crucible."
"Corpsman Up!"

isuhawkeye

This is my "Tactical ALS" Bag.  tis from a company called Pro Med Kits (www.promedkits.com).  Ive put this bag through the hardest work.  If you notice black hawk borrows many ideas from these guys.

Stonewall

Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 21, 2007, 02:21:36 AM
[company called Pro Med Kits (www.promedkits.com)

Holy smokes, their site rocks.  Looks like awesome gear!  Thanks for the link...

SARMedTech, you may want to send back that blackhawk bag you got...

I only have the blackhawk med bag cuz I got it free...
Serving since 1987.

isuhawkeye

My blog: www.isuhawkeye.blogspot.com has a few more pics of the pack.

I also love the Battle pack.  Black hawk totally stole the design. 

Stonewall

I ain't gonna lie bro.  Your blog is one of only two blogs that I visit on a regular basis.  Been checking yours out off and on for a few months now.  Quality work and I appreciate the work you've done on it.  You definately know your shtuff.

As for Blackhawk, I've never been a huge fan.  As I said in this discussion  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1912.0 they've copied most of their gear from other companies to include the original high speed gear companies (military wise) like London Bridge Trading Company and Eagle Industries.  But when my last company bought everything they had to offer, I had no choice.  And I may be picky with gear, but free gear is the best gear.
Serving since 1987.

isuhawkeye

thanks for the compliment. 

I don't get much feedback on that site, so I never know if it is useful to anyone.

Stonewall

I took a poll once, but didn't see the result so I wasn't sure if it worked or maybe I screwed it up.
Serving since 1987.

isuhawkeye

As you know I have been playing with the polls.  Don't have them all figured out yet

SARMedTech

I think Im in love with PMK's thigh rig, though I would probably buy it unstocked in order to fill it with the gear that I prefer to use, as far as particular brands, etc. I can really see much including a drag stratcher (with the possible exception of a c-collar that we couldnt get in that thing that would suit our needs both for team care and rehab and lost person care. Now if I can just find an inexpensive pulse oxymeter.  On a side note, are Squadrons allowed to solicit donations of gear? 
"Corpsman Up!"

isuhawkeye

SARmed tech,

The Battle Pack come stocked, and it is great (especially for the tactical environment).  The ALS thigh bag which is larger comes empty. 

These guys should pay me for this testimonial

flyerthom

Resume: Volly and paid EMS since 1980, RN Since 1990 mostly ER and ICU, currently a Flight Nurse.

I carry:

1 multi tool
1 pocket knife
4 pairs medium Nitril gloves
1 pocket mask
1 face shield on my key ring.
1 cell phone.
1 pen
1 note book
various gauze rolls
some 4x4's
feminine napkins.
Most of it stuffed into one of those cloth brief cases we got at a national conference.
total cost was less than on of those pre packed band aid cases sold for OSHA compliance.

It takes up very little space. organizes easy and is portable if needed.
what I do not carry

any ALS supplies. Anything invasive such as needles, IV's, intubation equipment, scalpels, epi pens, medications (even OTC's).  Not worth getting sued.
TC