How about a weekly news-feed from CAP National?

Started by Major Carrales, August 17, 2007, 10:09:36 PM

Major Carrales

Two completely unrelated things got me to think about something.

While watching an episode of FOSTER's HOME for IMAGINARY FRIENDS, with my daughter I noticed that (at least in that episode) they had a HOUSE newscast (called the 3:15 news which was covering an election to see if Harriman, Frankie or Bloo would win for HOUSE PRESIDENT...if you don't know what I'm talking about, you should stay in more).

At the same time I was reading Tedda's ReCAP at his new blog.

Then the thought came to me...peanut butter and CHOCOLATE ::)...uh...I mean, why not produce a weekly newscast or podcast that would do the same thing as the ReCAP.  I was thinking alongthe lines of the CAP Radio Show that deserves lots of praise.

MAKE a REAL CAP CHANNEL!

Could it be done?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

IceNine

Why not the capability is already in place.  But, we also know how nationals is with monthly newsletters (i.e. Communications Newsletter)
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Major Carrales

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 17, 2007, 10:15:45 PM
Why not the capability is already in place.  But, we also know how nationals is with monthly newsletters (i.e. Communications Newsletter)

We have 940 PAO system-wide, according to Brig Gen Courter's presentation at the National Board.  With minimal technology and cost, those PAO...even a fraction of them, could send in video and prepared stories.  All you would need is a "set," two anchors in Service Coats and some sort od digitial camera.

It begins production of Monday and is put up on the web-on Friday afternoon for weekend viewing....come hell of high water.  We can start with a 30 minute segment, then go to 45 and then 1 hour.  If not, independent 15 min stories anchored by Service Coat clad individuals.

Is this possible?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

addo1

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 17, 2007, 10:09:36 PM
Two completely unrelated things got me to think about something.

While watching an episode of FOSTER's HOME for IMAGINARY FRIENDS, with my daughter I noticed that (at least in that episode) they had a HOUSE newscast (called the 3:15 news which was covering an election to see if Harriman, Frankie or Bloo would win for HOUSE PRESIDENT...if you don't know what I'm talking about, you should stay in more).

At the same time I was reading Tedda's ReCAP at his new blog.

Then the thought came to me...peanut butter and CHOCOLATE ::)...uh...I mean, why not produce a weekly newscast or podcast that would do the same thing as the ReCAP.  I was thinking alongthe lines of the CAP Radio Show that deserves lots of praise.

MAKE a REAL CAP CHANNEL!

Could it be done?

I think so!!!!!!!!
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Smokey

Like that is gonna happen....the exec's "Open Cockpit" which was originally supposed to be a monthly update of important stuff for CAP folks hasn't been updated since January.   What makes you think they would be any more efficient with a weekly news feed????

If they exec can't find time in the past seven months to bother to update us as he is supposed to, why would National do a weekly update?
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

addo1

Quote from: Smokey on August 19, 2007, 06:59:51 PM
Like that is gonna happen....the exec's "Open Cockpit" which was originally supposed to be a monthly update of important stuff for CAP folks hasn't been updated since January.   What makes you think they would be any more efficient with a weekly news feed????

If they exec can't find time in the past seven months to bother to update us as he is supposed to, why would National do a weekly update?

That goes with this topic:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=2701.0;all
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Pylon

I like Sparky's idea.  I think in the long run, CAPTalk could produce such a beast.  However, you would need two willing CAP members in the same location, with service dress and a high-quality camera, plus one member (not necessarily in the same locale) with the willingness to produce a regular piece.

It could be great... a weekly or monthly piece... but it would be work and dedication on the part of several members.  Volunteers?  Volunteers?  Bueller?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ZigZag911

I think it's a great idea, even if it's done less often, say on a quarterly basis to get it going.