Main Menu

New AFI 10-2701

Started by mikeylikey, August 15, 2007, 01:42:35 AM

mikeylikey

New AF Instruction 10-2701, CAP Operations and Training.  Here is the linky.  http://level2.cap.gov/documents/CAP_USAFI_10_2701.pdf

SUMMARY OF CHANGES:
This instruction incorporates and replaces CAP-USAFI 10-802, Civil Air Patrol Operations and Training, CAP-USAF Pamphlet 12, Evaluation Guide, CAP-USAF Interim Evaluation Guide, and multiple CAP-USAF policy letters. All policy letters related to this document issued prior to this publication are rescinded. This document is new and must be thoroughly reviewed.

Is this old news? 
What's up monkeys?

JCJ

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 15, 2007, 01:42:35 AM
New AF Instruction 10-2701, CAP Operations and Training.  Here is the linky.  http://level2.cap.gov/documents/CAP_USAFI_10_2701.pdf

SUMMARY OF CHANGES:
This instruction incorporates and replaces CAP-USAFI 10-802, Civil Air Patrol Operations and Training, CAP-USAF Pamphlet 12, Evaluation Guide, CAP-USAF Interim Evaluation Guide, and multiple CAP-USAF policy letters. All policy letters related to this document issued prior to this publication are rescinded. This document is new and must be thoroughly reviewed.

Is this old news? 

No - this is a CAP-USAF Instruction - which is specific to CAP-USAF (as opposed to AFPD 10-27 and AFI 10-2701 which is Air Force wide).  It is an interesting read that describes the internal workings of CAP-USAF, the LR's and your State Directors.  It is new from Aug 07.

RiverAux

I didn't know that CAP-USAF approved the annual SAR and DR awards.  Also never heard of the AFNORTH Commanders Award for
QuoteThe award will be given for the most meritorious flight of the year while executing an Air Force Assigned Mission by a Civil Air Patrol aircrew; for gallantry and intrepidity; for unusual initia-tive and resourcefulness; and for achievement of outstanding results with unusual presence of mind under stressful conditions.

Dustoff

Lot's of stuff in the reg.  I'm still digesting it.

Jim
Jim

IceNine

The AFNORTH award is new, and I also was not aware that the AF awarded the SAR DR awards
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Major Carrales

If someone wants to make a quick summary of it that is more detailed than the short summary, I would like to publish the remarks and summary in my weekly newsletter.

If not, I will eventually do so.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

isuhawkeye

interested to see that CAP/USAF is requiring ICS 200, IS 700, the two day AFRCC SMC course, and prefer the week long inland SAR planners course. 

Thats a lot of oversight considering CAP isn't yet requiring that level of training, and that the SAR planners course is often times difficult to get into.

Major Carrales

Quote from: isuhawkeye on August 18, 2007, 02:57:47 AM
interested to see that CAP/USAF is requiring ICS 200, IS 700, the two day AFRCC SMC course, and prefer the week long inland SAR planners course. 

Thats a lot of oversight considering CAP isn't yet requiring that level of training, and that the SAR planners course is often times difficult to get into.

Give it time...all thing are possible in time!  I plan to look optimistic, we are pretty good at rising to the occasion.  Those that don't line the walls of ghost squadrons everywhere.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

tvh2k

Interesting:

Quote2.4. Posse Comitatus Act. Restrictions for CAP, when acting as an AF Auxiliary, are exactly the same as those restrictions for the AF. Simplistically, CAP cannot perform active law enforcement

Does this imply that posse-comitatus does not apply to MOUs with local agencies when we are AUX OFF?
Terence Van Hise, 1st Lt, CAP
C/2d Lt (select), AFROTC (Det 538)
C/Maj, AAS

Pylon

Quote from: tvh2k on August 20, 2007, 05:33:29 AM
Does this imply that posse-comitatus does not apply to MOUs with local agencies when we are AUX OFF?

Right - hence part of the justification for the huge push to "corporate CAP" is that we can perform more LE-type stuff (border patrols, homeland security, etc.) in  that status.  It's been discussed to death on this board, the new CAP-USAF Inst. is just clarifying that.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP