Main Menu

Missed AE opportunity

Started by docspur, August 12, 2007, 09:36:46 AM

docspur

The Perseid meteor shower is happening this weekend.  Tonight (sunday) after midnight until about 4am will be the best time for viewing.  Is or has anyone taken cadets out to skywatch this annual space invasion?  I was making plans to have a campout for this but things got in the way.  Maybe next year.

I must be punished.

Capt DL Spurlock, Commander
NCR-MO-127 - Trail of Tears Composite Squadron

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

mikeylikey

^  yeah we had so many SQD activities planned for yesterday and today, but since the National Commander was suspended, we dropped everything because we lost all direction and sense of stability.  Just Kidding, right.  Actually, you got me interested, I may have to go watch for this tonight.
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

I saw one really marvelous one SAT. night, didnt see much of anything Sun.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

mikeylikey

Saw nothing Sunday as well  Too bad. 
What's up monkeys?

JC004

I saw a couple last night...it was sort of eh weather.  I was kind of hoping one would take out NHQ or something to ease my take-over...or at least the Black Van.  No such luck, though.   :(

Pylon

Had a friend who watched.  Skies were clear around here, but only a handful were seen over the course of the evening.

Is there any website/listserv that posts regular "heads-up's" about these types of things?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on August 14, 2007, 02:30:55 PM
Had a friend who watched.  Skies were clear around here, but only a handful were seen over the course of the evening.

Is there any website/listserv that posts regular "heads-up's" about these types of things?

Space.com and spaceweather.com   :)