National Commander Suspended

Started by SeattleSarge, August 06, 2007, 05:07:05 PM

Anyone here anything new on Testing-gate? Is the National Board moving up the start of the meeting to make a ruling?  And someone did mention that the letter MG Pindea sent did violate the ruling of the BoG so could that work against him? 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

FARRIER

Quote from: BillB on August 08, 2007, 12:25:42 PM
I don't think this reflects on CAP as an organization, but rather to the corporate structure. So to date MG Pineda has not been found guilty, but only that probable cause exists.

But, his latest e-mail or actions didn't help his case any way. :)
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

JC004

Quote from: FARRIER on August 08, 2007, 01:34:50 PM
I don't think this reflects on CAP as an organization, but rather to the corporate structure. So to date MG Pineda has not been found guilty, but only that probable cause exists.

I don't think it helped either.

13 pages, 3257 views and counting.  Wow.

I say by tomorrow we'll have a new National Commander one way or another.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ELTHunter

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 08, 2007, 02:06:47 PM
For the sake of CAP that would be the best thing that could happen.  Like ripping off the tape, a little pain involved but it's quick and then it's over.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

JC004

and I will be accepting resumes today for folks who wish to apply for my staff, or to replace wing commanders.  Line starts over there -->  and bring me snacks.

Quote from: ELTHunter on August 08, 2007, 02:13:38 PM
For the sake of CAP that would be the best thing that could happen.  Like ripping off the tape, a little pain involved but it's quick and then it's over.

Yup quick and easier than anything else.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

West_Coast_Guy

Quote from: FARRIER on August 08, 2007, 01:34:50 PM

The thing that gets me is, how can a guy get through a couple of years as National CC without knowing that federal law gives the BoG absolute power over CAP? It took me, a mere 1LT, what, less than an hour to find that information on the Web?

It sounds like the National Legal Officer straightened him out, however.

Psicorp

Quote from: Pylon on August 08, 2007, 03:46:20 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on August 08, 2007, 03:43:05 AM
Man, 225 posts in about 34 hrs. WoW!! :o :o :o

To be honest, I wish more people would voice their piece.  225 is great... where are the rest of the supposed 60,000?   :D

I don't think there can be an organization of our size and structure without having problems of this magnitude at least once.  Whether or not the BoG actually had the authority to suspend the National Commander is rather a mute point; some part of our structure should have that  authority and the BoG is best suited for it, and apparently the Maj Gen's legal team agrees.

However this gets resolved (and I have no doubts that it will get resolved) this fiasco (is there a better word?) by no means affects nor should detract from the work that is done by Wings, Groups, and Units.   Just look at the other news headlines on National's site:  "S. Dakota Wing helps monitor forest fire", "Hiker found in good condition after search involving Colo. Wing", Nebraska Wing member receives Spaatz award", "Alaska Wing participates in emergency medic training", and "S. Dakota aircrew responds to AFB call for help".   

We're doing great things and we have some really good people in key positions and a process that, while it takes time, does work.    Stuff like this does make life interesting, doesn't it?   :D
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

West_Coast_Guy

Quote from: JC004 on August 08, 2007, 02:14:56 PM

and I will be accepting resumes today for folks who wish to apply for my staff, or to replace wing commanders.  Line starts over there -->  and bring me snacks.

I've always wondered about the motives of someone who would WANT that job. Now I know: it's snacks!  ;D

JC004

Quote from: West_Coast_Guy on August 08, 2007, 02:58:44 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 08, 2007, 02:14:56 PM

I've always wondered about the motives of someone who would WANT that job. Now I know: it's snacks!  ;D

you can't eat stars, but when you have arbitrary promoting powers, people will feed you

SeattleSarge

Another story in this morning's Miami Herald.  Again, very brief.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/story/196071.html

I think we're all thinking the same thing regarding local inquiries;

1. No, it's not impacting local readiness or operations.

2. Here is the number for National HQ Public Affairs.

-Seattle Sarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

Ok, so it's getting out there.  Thougth it wouldn't take this long.  So new question, how long till it makes CNN?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

genejackson

Good morning all.   New guy here who has been following all of this very closely and I would love to follow the video stream if someone would kindly post the link.   Thought I'd go ahead and sign up as opposed to lurking as a guest.

I am already fielding all manner of questions from my members and even some parents over all of this goings on with TP and am certainly very interested in seeing if/who walks out of the opening session.

Gene Jackson
Group I CC
VAWG

ps.. I was wondering why I kept getting all these snacks on my desk at the airport :)
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

JC004

Quote from: genejackson on August 08, 2007, 03:17:33 PM
Good morning all.   New guy here who has been following all of this very closely and I would love to follow the video stream if someone would kindly post the link.   Thought I'd go ahead and sign up as opposed to lurking as a guest.

I am already fielding all manner of questions from my members and even some parents over all of this goings on with TP and am certainly very interested in seeing if/who walks out of the opening session.

Gene Jackson
Group I CC
VAWG

ps.. I was wondering why I kept getting all these snacks on my desk at the airport :)

Welcome.  Video info for now:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=2339.msg47177#msg47177

ES forever!

On a positive note, Gen Courter is one of the finest we have ever had in a management leadership role, she is savvy and smart, and we should all get behind her and support any and all changes she makes to create a sense of duty and honor this organization should have.

What are each of you willing to give to her to start a fresh and not just talk about bad stuff but live for what we are trained to do?

She comes from the corporate culture and world, I believe we have turned  a corner in the legacy of CAP.

just my thoughts... and my first post

genejackson

Thanks, JC004.   I saw that link but it was only showing something about Oshkosh.  I guess time to be more patient and let them update the video link.  /gene
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

Quote from: sark9s on August 08, 2007, 03:20:47 PM
On a positive note, Gen Courter is one of the finest we have ever had in a management leadership role, she is savvy and smart, and we should all get behind her and support any and all changes she makes to create a sense of duty and honor this organization should have.

What are each of you willing to give to her to start a fresh and not just talk about bad stuff but live for what we are trained to do?

She comes from the corporate culture and world, I believe we have turned  a corner in the legacy of CAP.

Right now she's just acting CC hopefully they'll make it official and remove TP.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

SeattleSarge

It is important, through this process, that our members, media, and the public realize our organization is still performing our mission....

http://www.wmcstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=6901673

We're still training, we're still flying, we're still doing the work.

-SeattleSarge
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

JC004

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 08, 2007, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: sark9s on August 08, 2007, 03:20:47 PM

She comes from the corporate culture and world, I believe we have turned  a corner in the legacy of CAP.

Right now she's just acting CC hopefully they'll make it official and remove TP.

Courter '08 '07