New National Chief of Staff

Started by Ohioguard, June 28, 2007, 11:33:14 PM

Ohioguard

Anybody else notice that there is a new SWR CC and we all have a new National Chief of Staff?

JCJ

Yep

IceNine

I wish they would post a little blurb about these peoples background when they appoint them.  It's just common courtesy to let us know who we are going to be following.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

I suspect that there will be press releases or something, but since Region Commanders and National Chief of Staff have very little direct impact on Joe Member, it sort of falls in the "who cares" category. 

Major Carrales

I can vouch for both of these CAP Officers as men of Character who have only the interest of CAP in their minds and hearts.

They are good people...give them a fair shake, they deserve that!!!

Semper Vigilans!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

ColonelJack

So?  Who are they, already?

???

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Major Carrales

Quote from: ColonelJack on June 29, 2007, 12:42:52 AM

???

Jack

The Chief of Staff is Col Reggie Chitwood and the new SWR Commander is his former Deputy Col Joe Jensen.  This information came to me via "e-services" updates.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

ColonelJack

I had wondered how long Gen. Courter was going to have to serve both as CV and CS.  Now she can focus her energy on being Vice Commander.  Best wishes to Col. Chitwood and Col. Jensen!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Eagle400

So, I guess more officers have been fired by general Pineda.  That's what I surmise.  Why else would CAP be getting a new Chief of Staff and SWR Commander?

Major Carrales

Quote from: 12211985 on June 29, 2007, 07:03:02 AM
So, I guess another officer has been fired by general Pineda.  That's what I surmise.  Why else would CAP be getting a new Chief of Staff?

The Brigadier General had been doubling in that role.

Quote10 January 2007

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL NATIONAL BOARD MEMBERS
SUBJECT: Civil Air Patrol National Staff Structure

1. As many of you are aware, Colonel Larry Kauffman, CAP, has resigned from the position of National Chief Staff to accept another opportunity with the Corporation. Colonel Kauffman’s tenure on the National Board and National Executive Committee has spanned over 20 years and we are grateful for his outstanding contributions to the organization. Effective 1 January 2007, Brigadier General Amy S. Courter will assume the responsibilities of the Chief of Staff as an additional duty.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Eagle400

Major Carrales

Commander
SWR-TX-454

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 29, 2007, 12:43:45 AM

???

Jack

The Chief of Staff is Col Reggie Chitwood and the new SWR Commander is his former Deputy Col Joe Jensen.  This information came to me via "e-services" updates.

I woulda like to have seen Col Andre Davis (the other deputy for SWR) take over, but he's only been on the job a short time.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JCJ

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on June 29, 2007, 10:44:38 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on June 29, 2007, 12:43:45 AM

???

Jack

I woulda like to have seen Col Andre Davis (the other deputy for SWR) take over, but he's only been on the job a short time.

Col. Davis will be remaining on board as the SWR/CV.  It's a safe bet to continue to expect great things from him.

ZigZag911

Nobody got fired here....Col Kaufman, former National COS, took on a different (I believe4 paid) job in CAP overseeing aircraft maintenance.

Pylon

Quote from: ZigZag911 on June 29, 2007, 09:56:07 PM
Nobody got fired here....Col Kaufman, former National COS, took on a different (I believe4 paid) job in CAP overseeing aircraft maintenance.

That is correct.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Skyray

Quote from: ZigZag911 on June 29, 2007, 09:56:07 PM
Nobody got fired here....Col Kaufman, former National COS, took on a different (I believe paid) job in CAP overseeing aircraft maintenance.

Interesting that since this was posted on June 29th I haven't heard anymore about it.  I did, however, receive a very disturbing email last night that Colonel Kaufman was on the board hit list for having a part in the unwarranted terminations of members.  All of this is taking place well above my pay grade; is rumor; and is the sort of thing that gets locked on this board almost instantly.  That said, I have communicated with Larry numerous times in his persona as Chief of Staff, and I have never found him anything less than extremely helpful.  I would urge the board to move slowly and meticulously and not throw out the baby with the bath water.  While there are high ranking officers who are tainted as sycophants, I honestly don't believe Larry Kaufman is one of them.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

addo1

Quote from: Ohioguard on June 28, 2007, 11:33:14 PM
Anybody else notice that there is a new SWR CC and we all have a new National Chief of Staff?
YES.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

MIKE

addo1, generally we like posts to have a little more content than that... OK?  Post count padding is not appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Johnston

Skyray

My fault, addo1; I resurrected an old thread, and your comment was already made on June 28th by JCJ.  Before you reply, you need to look right above the post and determine when it was made.  This thread was quite old, but I had new information, so instead of starting a new thread I resurrected the old one.  My bad.

That said, is Colonel Kauffman taking over supervision of National Aircraft Maintenance?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

ZigZag911

My information is that Col. Kaufman took on the national maintenance su[ervision role as a paid employee of CAP some months ago, around the first of the year.