Main Menu

CAP Form 11

Started by SAREXinNY, December 12, 2017, 12:57:36 AM

SAREXinNY

Am I going crazy, or is the CAP Form 11 not available on capmembers.com?  I'm trying to prepare for a PD training coming up and I wanted to make sure I was using the most updated version of the form, but instead I'm redirected to a Mission Pilot Checkout (Form 91).

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SAREXinNY

That is so strange. When I click the Word document for Form 11 it brings me to https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/F091_4_Dec_17_502EE9CAA66DB.docx

SarDragon

One is the PDF; the other is the Word doc format.

Send a trouble ticket on it, and use the PDF. It's fillable, and retains the Word functionality.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

kwe1009

Also, the CAPF11 is on eServices now.  It makes the process of getting course credit much faster and easier.

SarDragon

Where might we find it? (Yes, lazy.)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spam

Drill down from "Professional Development" to "Form 11" and you'll get this page:  https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.Form11.Web/Form11

Shortfall:
There is no option to enter TLC. Probably because the last rev of the original (paper) Form 11 did not have an option to circle for the Training Leaders of Cadets course (which now has/will have a basic, intermediate, and advanced set of sessions).

I noticed this last week when I was trying to enter data for a TLC which I conducted on 2DEC. Had to send the paper copy to the boss for signature since the old "Wing/CC sign/fax it in" method is the only one remaining there.

R/s
Spam

jeders

Quote from: Spam on December 12, 2017, 03:50:55 PM
Drill down from "Professional Development" to "Form 11" and you'll get this page:  https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.Form11.Web/Form11

Shortfall:
There is no option to enter TLC. Probably because the last rev of the original (paper) Form 11 did not have an option to circle for the Training Leaders of Cadets course (which now has/will have a basic, intermediate, and advanced set of sessions).

I noticed this last week when I was trying to enter data for a TLC which I conducted on 2DEC. Had to send the paper copy to the boss for signature since the old "Wing/CC sign/fax it in" method is the only one remaining there.

R/s
Spam

That must be a restricted app because I don't have the ability to access it as a SQ CC.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Spam

Ah. My apologies, then (didn't know that).

Well, its at least an option for Wings to help speed up the data entry for (most) PD events.

If NHQ/IT ever sees this, suggest putting TLC on that menu as a software change request to go onto the "Proposed IT Project List" at https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.SteeringCommittee.Web/SCRRankings/Index. (Details on that list at: https://www.capnhq.gov/news/Documents/SCR_Project_List_Explanation.pdf).

V/r
Spam

EMT-83

Shortfall:

TLC belongs to Cadet Programs, not Professional Development. Form 11 has never been applicable for TLC.

jeders

Quote from: EMT-83 on December 12, 2017, 05:04:00 PM
Shortfall:

TLC belongs to Cadet Programs, not Professional Development. Form 11 has never been applicable for TLC.

Really, then how do you guys record completion of TLC? Because we've always done it with a Form 11.

Edit to add:
From the TLC Course Director Handbook
QuoteSend completed CAPF 11 to NHQ
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SAREXinNY

Quote from: jeders on December 12, 2017, 05:06:06 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on December 12, 2017, 05:04:00 PM
Shortfall:

Really, then how do you guys record completion of TLC? Because we've always done it with a Form 11.

Edit to add:
From the TLC Course Director Handbook
QuoteSend completed CAPF 11 to NHQ

The whole TLC debate has been dragging on forever, and it varies from wing to wing, even within the same region. Everyone does it differently. As long as it's done, I don't really care if CP or PD 'owns' it.