Who has or will be attending a 2017 encampment?

Started by jfkspotting, July 13, 2017, 08:48:48 PM

jfkspotting

Do any of you have any additional insight not found in the booklets thye mail home?

Are there any regrets?

Castle Bravo

Montana Rose

I went to the New Mexico Encampment and Loved it but I came home wiped out and slept for about 14 hours.  Can't wait to do it again. Oh, and the food was healthy and excellent. lol

jfkspotting

Quote from: Montana Rose on July 14, 2017, 01:49:24 PM
I went to the New Mexico Encampment and Loved it but I came home wiped out and slept for about 14 hours.  Can't wait to do it again. Oh, and the food was healthy and excellent. lol

WHat was the breakfast lunch and dinner

Ravenwings

My son just returned from NMWG Encampment.  He had an amazing time. Meals were at the chow hall and he said they were great. He is all fired up to work to bevvome Cadet Staff for next year.

SarDragon

Quote from: jfkspotting on July 14, 2017, 02:45:53 PM

Food?

Menus are as variable as the weather, and depend on a number of factors. In my experience, the food has been healthy, plentiful, and mostly tasty, given its institutional nature.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Airplane girl

Quote from: jfkspotting on July 14, 2017, 02:45:53 PM

I went to Tri-Wing encampment this year as the food services OIC, and it was great. I don't have any regrets about going to any of the encampments I've been to.

Are you going to New York wing encampment? I've been to New York wing encampment twice and the food was pretty good for an encampment. There's also a lot of food at every meal.