NESA for Senior Members

Started by GaryVC, July 09, 2017, 05:38:54 PM

GaryVC

I was looking at the NESA material as I have been thinking about going next year. However, it appears to be mostly aimed a cadets. Considering that the aviation portion would be mostly senior members and the IC portion entirely senior members this seem inappropriate. I am too old and have been through too much to be treated anything remotely like a cadet. Thoughts?

Also I was confused about the cost. Is there only one price even if you take more than one course?

lordmonar

It has been a number of years since I attended the GTL course at NESA....but they treat Senior Members like senior members and cadets like cadets.

Almost completely segregated.   

Go...you will have fun.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

husker

It is probably 50/50 cadet and senior overall at the activity.  The MAS course is majority Senior (with some cadets) and the GSAR program is majority cadet (with some senior).  ICSS program is 50/50.  Cadets and senior as only segregated in different sleeping areas.

Each course is a separate fee.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

GaryVC

Quote from: husker on July 12, 2017, 12:02:42 PM
Each course is a separate fee.

I didn't see this. It should say it in a number of places.

xray328

Quote from: lordmonar on July 09, 2017, 06:39:02 PM
It has been a number of years since I attended the GTL course at NESA....but they treat Senior Members like senior members and cadets like cadets.

Almost completely segregated.   

Go...you will have fun.

+1

No one's really treated like cadets, not even the cadets.  Everyone is very respectful of each other and there's a very professional yet relaxed atmosphere that promotes a great learning environment.   

xray328